Texas summers are scorching hot and it is absolutely necessary to have a working air conditioner to withstand the heat wave in Azle, TX. If you are one of the people who keep their AC’s on for the whole day in the summers, we don’t blame you. We’ve all been there and done that.
However, continuous usage is likely to cause problems with the air conditioner. Like any other appliance, AC’s become worn out when you use them excessively. The likelihood of breakdown is even higher if you don’t get your AC checked for maintenance before the start of summer.
In this blog we will cover some of the common problems with air conditioners that are the cause of most breakdowns. You can fix some of these problems on your own by making some basic Air conditioner repair checks. For bigger problems however, you can call our heating and air conditioning repair service in Azle, TX to get your AC back into working order.
Air Conditioner Problems
Air conditioners don’t break down suddenly out of nowhere. If your AC breaks down, you should know that there were probably some problems developing inside the system for a while.
Air conditioners are made up of many small, connecting parts. Sometimes, a fault that develops in one part can impair the functioning of another critical component that causes the whole system to stop functioning.
The best way to prevent small problems in your Air Conditioner from developing into big problems is to have your Air conditioner regularly checked for maintenance. We recommend getting the Air conditioner checked at least once a year. One Hour heating and Air is professional air conditioning service in Azle, TX that can get your Air conditioner checked for all sort of problems that may be developing on the inside.
Some of the common problems with Air conditioners that cause a break down include the following.
- Corrosion and tears in the drain pipes of the condenser. This is a common cause of clogging in Air conditioners.
- The compressor fan can become slightly dented or broken with usage. While a dented fan may not necessarily shut down the system it will create inefficiencies in your AC and keep it running longer. This will result in higher energy bills as well as deterioration of the whole unit.
- Another common problem with Air conditioners is that the pipes can become covered with ice which causes the system to malfunction. Azle, TX has a humid temperature and it is quite common for water droplets to condense and form icy crystals on the surface of the pipes.
- Air conditioners need a constant inflow of air into the unit that can be cooled and forced inside the house to make it cooler. Air filters prevent dust particles and microbes from entering the AC unit to keep the air clean. Dirty and clogged filters are a common cause of Air condition problems.
- Lastly, another common source of problem with air conditioners is due to malfunctioning of the thermostat. Most problems with the thermostat are due to incorrect settings that can be corrected by manually adjusting and making sure that they are correct. However if you detect that air conditioning is cooling your house too much or not enough, despite the correct settings, this could be a sign of bigger problems. We recommend calling our heating and air condition service in Azle, TX to get problems with your thermostat fixed.
Air Conditioner Problems Troubleshooting
Before calling our service for heating and AC repair in Azle, TX, you should make sure to go through the basic troubleshooting recommendations that come with your AC unit. Some of the common steps to take are outlined here for your consideration.
If the AC fails to power on at all it is possible that the system’s power has been unplugged from the switchboard. Check to see that the cable is plugged in and the power is turned on. You can also try to charge another device on the power outlet to make sure that the problem is not with the switchboard.
If there is no power on the board, the problem is more likely to be with the board itself than the Air Conditioner. Our technicians are also trained to replace and fix power outlets and you can call one hour heating and AC repair in Azle, TX with confidence to get the board fixed.
Most problems with air filters can be fixed by replacing the clogged filter. Your AC should come with an instructions manual that explains the procedure for replacing the air filters. Filters on some models can also be re-used after cleaning.
You can also call One hour heating and AC repair service in Azle, TX to get the filter replaced or the switch board fixed. Our certified technicians are some of the best in the city with decades of experience in the heating and air conditioning repair in Azle, TX.
Air Conditioner Installation in Azle, TX
If you are looking to upgrade your home’s HVAC or building a new home, you would be happy to know that we also provide home and business HVAC installation services at reasonable rates.
There are many brands and models of Air conditioners to choose from these days and not every technician would have the experience and qualification to install them for your home and business.
All of our technicians are certified and trained in the installation of heater and Air conditioner unit as well as the connecting ductwork. We would suggest getting your AC fixed by a professional service like One hour heating and Air Service rather than someone who is inexperience and doesn’t know what they are doing. It will save you a lot of stress and money in the long run.
Heating and Air Conditioning Repair in Azle, TX
Our service performs all kinds of repairs for HVAC systems in Forth Worth and Azle TX. Whether you have an all-in-one heating and air conditioning system or a more conventional air conditioner, our experience and skilled technicians can get the system fixed in no time.
Reliability and trust is our defining quality. One hour heating and AC is particularly proud of our ability to get to your premises within the promised time. Whether your heater or air conditioner breaks down in the morning, during the day or late evening, you can be confident that our electricians will get to your home or office as quickly as possible.