Just imagine the worst case scenario. It is a shivery and cold evening, and just as you decide to relax with your favorite book, the heating function of your AC stops working. Of course, the problem can be rectified with the help of experts who can conduct all kinds of repair regarding heating and AC in Lewisville, TX.
There is no reason to worry in case something goes wrong with your heating and AC in Lewisville, TX. More often than not, it can be a fairly small issue that can easily be resolved with a bit of trouble shooting. Alternatively, there is always the option of calling the people who are the real professionals in heating and AC in Lewisville, TX. The increasing digitalization of components has made them smaller as well as delicate. This means that in case there is a power surge, it is quite possible that some of these tiny parts may be affected and your heating and AC in Lewisville, TX, will not be able to work properly.
o Not a Task for the Layman
Here it is important to understand that unlike the older models of heating and AC in Lewisville, TX, (that had more mechanical parts than electronic ones), today’s climate controls are a lot more sophisticated. This means that any sort of impromptu repairs can easily wreak havoc and do more harm than good, especially since the miniature parts have to be replaced rather than repaired. Only the real experts at heating and AC in Lewisville, TX, have the relevant equipment as well as the expertise to open the control panel and replace the defective components. This is why, unless you are a duly qualified technician and have a lot of experience in heating and ac in Lewisville, TX, you should never attempt any DIY (do it yourself) measures on your own. The best possible course of action would be to call in the experts at heating and AC in Lewisville, TX.
o AC Troubleshooting Checklist
However, before you do that, it makes sense to troubleshoot the appliance to check and see if it is only a small problem that you can resolve on your own. And for this purpose, you can also consult the appliance’s ‘trouble shooting’ manual.
Some of the points that are mentioned in the troubleshooting guide include the following:
- Switch your climate control system on and off. This way, you will be able to ascertain if it is receiving power from the main line. If the appliance is plugged out of the system, then you can simply plug it back in and redo the exercise. Sometimes a disconnected plug is the sole culprit and once the system is reconnected, your problem is solved.
- If the plug is connected and there is still no power, take a look at the fuse box. Either the power is disconnected at the main line or there might be a blown fuse. Replacing the fuse or switching on the power can get your appliance working again.
- Always check to see if the unit’s remote control is working or not. Sometimes, the batteries are worn out or they may have been carelessly inserted so that the machine does not work. Insert fresh batteries while being very careful to check their polarity.
- Finally, check to see that your AC is actually switched on. Sometimes, you switch on the fan but neglect to press the cooling button. In this case, your AC will simply continue to operate as a fan instead of a heat and cold air capable air conditioner.
- Also, take a look to see if there are any exposed wires or lose connections. If you detect either one of the two, then it is advisable to vacate the premises and lock the room so that no one can enter it. The power charge of an AC can be extremely high and easily electrocute anyone. Always make sure that you call in the top notch professionals at the repair of heating and AC in Lewisville, TX, to take a look in case there are any exposed wires protruding from your unit.
- Check to see if your filter is choked. If this is the case, then the unit will not be able to suck in air and the excess pressure will cause it to shut down. The best way to take care of this problem is to call in the experts at heating and AC in Lewisville, TX. However, if you don’t want to do so, you can easily clean the filter yourself. But this is a stop gap measure at most, since dirty filters cannot be washed indefinitely, and must be replaced by people skilled at servicing heating and AC in Lewisville, TX.
If the trouble shooting guide does not work, then the problem definitely requires expert help and you should not hesitate to call in the professionals.
You can find more valuable information regarding the different types of service, repair and other maintenance related activities by getting in touch with the great people at ‘One Hour Heating and Air’ – http://www.onehourairftworth.com. These amazing professionals are amongst the very best in their line of work and can easily conduct all manners of repairs of heating and AC in Lewisville, TX.