Photo By SDI Productions at istock
For new homeowners, it would help if they are familiar with the different components of their HVAC, how the system works, and how to effectively maintain the system to avoid getting a replacement right away. Don’t worry; we’ll talk about helpful HVAC tips that you need to know as a new homeowner in this article. Contact a heating and AC repair technician in Azle, TX, if you need more help.
What You Need to Know About the Different Types of HVAC Systems
Still can’t decide what type of HVAC system to purchase for your new home? The Standard Split Systems is the type of HVAC system with two components: one is located indoors, and the other is outside. It can also be split in three different ways — furnace and air conditioner; furnace and heat pump; and the heat pump split system. Speak with a heating and AC repair technician to know more about the different types of HVAC systems you can install for your new home. With the Packaged Systems, all of the components are in one unit while the Ductless Split System can also be used in buildings.
Always Prioritize Quality First
When it comes to buying a new HVAC system for your new home, ensure that you acquire the highest quality as you can save more money in the long run. If possible, get an energy-efficient HVAC system to save more money. Also, take into consideration the size of your home when buying a new system. If you’re not sure what size of unit you should purchase, speak with a technician at a heating and AC repair company in Azle, TX. Technicians at One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Fort Worth are more than happy to assist you in buying a new HVAC system for your new home. We can give you the best options, including how much installation would cost. We can also educate you on the types of filters that you can get for your home.
In addition, we can inform you of any special offers or rebates and tax credits that you can take advantage of. Buying a new HVAC system is an investment; it’s important that you only get the best for your home. Have a top 3 list of HVAC brands you can choose from, and then select the suitable unit for your needs. If you have other issues or concerns, feel free to contact a heating and AC company in Azle, TX, today.
Ensure That HVAC Filters Are Maintained
There are different types of filters available for your home. Some HVAC filters can eliminate even the tiniest particle that can cause allergies and other health issues. You also have the option to choose from disposable filters and filters that you can use repeatedly (After cleaning, of course.) Every 2 to 3 months, ensure that you either clean or replace your HVAC filters to improve the indoor air quality of your home. When cleaning them, make sure that you also follow the manufacturer’s instructions on properly cleaning the filters. If you have questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with a heating and AC repair technician.
When you fail to clean your HVAC filters, particles and dust can build up on your unit’s filter. That will affect the indoor air quality of your home and puts a strain on your system. If you never maintain the filters, chances are your unit will no longer be that efficient. It will reduce the lifespan of your HVAC system. To avoid calling a heating and AC repair company in Azle, TX, always clean your filters every 2 months or as necessary.
Hire a Licensed Heating and AC Repair Technician for the Installation of Your NEW HVAC System
There are risks involved in hiring unlicensed and inexperienced technicians to install your new HVAC system. When they make a mistake or improperly install your unit, the system will either not work efficiently or will not work at all. Also, unlicensed technicians are usually not insured and bonded. Suppose they are injured while on the job, you may be held liable for the medical costs. You can avoid all of these risks, including having to call for heating and AC repair, when you always hire a licensed technician to help you install your new HVAC system.
When you are moving to a home that already has an HVAC system installed, we recommend that you call a heating and AC repair technician to thoroughly inspect the entire unit. They can tell whether the system is in good working order or when you are bound to encounter problems down the road. You can use the info to inform the homeowners to either adjust the price for your home or perform either heating and AC repair or a tuneup for the HVAC system.
Tips for Pet Owners
Are you a pet parent? Then it’s essential that you follow these maintenance tips to keep your HVAC system efficient and clean.
- When you are dusting your home, ensure that you also clean the air vents to prevent clogging. Call a heating and air repair technician if you need assistance.
- Apart from cleaning the air vents, you need to also clean the air ducts as they can be a breeding ground for bacteria, pests, and viruses. If possible, hire a heating and AC repair professional to help you maintain your ductwork.
- As pet parents, it’s your responsibility to regularly groom your pets, especially when you have household members suffering from allergies or other respiratory problems.
- Cleaning the filters is a must for every home with an HVAC system installed. We recommend cleaning your filters every couple of months or frequently when you have pets at home.
- You may also consider getting an air purifier for your home to assist your air filters. A HEPA purifier can eliminate almost a hundred percent of pet danger in your home.
- Don’t forget always to call a licensed heating and AC repair technician to regularly perform a tune-up or maintenance of your system.
Reducing Allergens in Your Home
Apart from having great filters to help you eliminate allergens, it’s also best when you follow these helpful tips to effectively get rid of allergens in your home.
When cleaning, use a vacuum to remove those unseen allergens found underneath the carpets or in the fans and blinds. Also, don’t forget to clean soft surfaces. Blankets and stuffed animals are places where allergens are mostly present. For other issues, call a licensed heating and AC repair technician.
Schedule a Tune-Up Before Summer and Winter
A month before summer or winter, you should hire a heating and AC repair technician in Azle, TX, for an HVAC tune-up. This service ensures that your HVAC system will always be efficient, especially during scorching summers and extremely cold winters. Of course, there are ways to cool and warm yourself during these seasons. Don’t just always rely on your HVAC system. Let your HVAC system rest from time to time, too to avoid calling a heating and AC repair technician.
How to Maintain Your HVAC System
If you want to extend the lifespan of your HVAC system, then it’s important that you properly maintain it. Apart from regularly cleaning the filters every 2 to 3 months, you need to also clean the outdoor condensing unit at the start of the season. Get rid of debris and dirt that’s building up in your condensing unit, and make sure that you clear out any plants surrounding it. You need to also clean the drain lines and get regular maintenance from a licensed professional. Also, never ignore minor HVAC problems. If you think something is wrong with the HVAC, call a technician right away for a thorough inspection. It’s best to take care of minor problems instead of having to pay for costly repairs down the road.
On How to Stay Cool and Save Money During Summer
While it can be tempting to always turn on the HVAC system to keep yourself cool, you can extend your HVAC system’s lifespan and save money when you follow these helpful tips.
- You can stay comfortable during summer even when you don’t turn on the AC by using blinds and black curtains to block off the sun. You can also consider installing high-efficient windows as they are also effective for blocking heat. However, do make sure to call the right professionals for window installation.
- Ensure that you have good insulation in your home to save money. Having good insulation ensures that the cooled air doesn’t escape your home. When there are holes and cracks, fix them right away. Inspect the insulation in your attic and call a professional if it needs to be fixed.
- You can always put on your summer clothes. Put on those pastel-colored summer dresses or white shirts, so you don’t absorb the sun’s heat. Sometimes, it’s not always about cooling your home but cooling yourself. You won’t need to really turn on the HVAC system when you don’t feel hot.
- If you have to cook, try to avoid using the oven, especially during the day. Summertime is when you should have a barbecue outside with friends and family. Get some Vitamin D and stay outside more so you won’t have to keep using your HVAC system.
- The HVAC system can make you feel cooler, and the fan can also do this for you. From time to time, switch from using your HVAC and then the fan to save more on energy. Using the fan also puts less strain on the HVAC system and can help avoid calling heating and AC repair.
- Do you live in a 2-story home? Because heat rises, consider staying on the first floor of your home during the day. In the evening, open all your windows to let the cool air in. If you’re afraid of bugs getting through your home during the night, consider putting a screen in your windows to stop the bug from entering your home. For other issues, call a heating and AC repair technician.
- Most importantly, don’t always neglect your HVAC. Like the rest of the appliances in your home, your system also needs regular maintenance. Hire a heating and AC repair licensed technician to help you properly maintain your HVAC system. However, you need also to clean the unit itself, especially the most important components. Get a technician at One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Fort Worth if you need more assistance.
On How to Stay Warm and Save Money in the Winter
You can always reduce your heating costs with these helpful tips:
- During winter, open up those curtains and let the sun in. You can save more energy when you naturally heat your home instead of always relying on your HVAC system. At night though, make sure that you close the curtains to prevent cool air from entering your home.
- Ensure that all of your windows and doors are completely sealed, so the heated air doesn’t escape.
- There’s no need to increase the temperature during winter as you can be dressed up for the weather. Put on those cozy and thick sweaters, and use blankets in the living room. At night, you can also use a heated blanket to save more energy.
- If you only need to heat just a small area, consider buying electric space heaters to save more energy.
Get in Touch With One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Fort Worth
Are you in need of a heating and AC repair technician in Azle, TX today? We are always available at your earliest convenience. Whether you’re looking for repair, maintenance, or installation, we can assist. Our licensed heating and AC repair technicians have been helping several homeowners in the past; they are very efficient and can get the job done right the first time. Contact us today for an appointment.