How to Set a Thermostat the Right Way | Heating and Air Conditioning Repair in Dallas, TX
If you’re living in Texas, chances are, you have an air conditioning system installed in your home. Having an AC in a home is crucial to being comfortable during the scorching summer months. The AC unit requires a programmable thermostat that will help keep the temperature comfortable for you and your family. Surprisingly, nearly 90% of Americans admit that they rarely set their home’s thermostat, simply because they are not certain how to do it the right way.
Since every household is different, homeowners need to find the setting that’s perfect for their home in order to reap the benefits of having a programmable thermostat. This is where the services of a company offering heating and air conditioning repair in Dallas, TX comes in. A HVAC technician can inspect your home and set the thermostat accordingly. Other benefits of having a programmable thermostat installed in one’s home is obviously the high level of efficiency and energy savings that would not be possible without a programmable thermostat.
The good news is, picking or programming a thermostat for the AC unit in your home is not as difficult as it seems. Here, we are going to take a look at some of the best practices in choosing and setting your home’s thermostat as recommended by companies offering heating and air conditioning repair in Dallas, TX.
Picking the Right Thermostat
It all starts with picking the right thermostat for your home. This is easier said than done, since there are so many different devices available in the market today, which can make it difficult for people to choose the right one according to their requirements. If you are unsure of which thermostat is the right option for your home, then you are advised to hire a company providing heating and air conditioning repair in Dallas, TX, who can recommend one for you.
That said, when it comes to choosing programmable thermostats, there are four main types that homeowners need to be familiar with in order to make the right decision. The following are the four different options that are available when it comes to a thermostat for domestic use.
- 7-Day Programming—This is one of the most recommended thermostat types, mainly because it allows you to pre-program the temperature of your home for every day of the week. This is the best option for those people who have busy schedules and are looking for a flexible option that will allow them to pre-set the temperature of their home to make their AC unit more energy efficient.
- 5-1-1 Programming– This type of programmable thermostat allows you to set a heating or cooling schedule for the whole week. Additionally, homeowners can also schedule different heating or cooling settings for Saturdays and Sundays.
- 5-2 Programming— In this programmable thermostat you can use the same settings as the 5-1-1 option, but the only difference is, Saturdays and Sundays are going to have the same heating/cooling plan. In other words, while the 5-1-1 programming thermostat allows you to pre-set the temperature for your home during weekends when you are not home, the 5-2 thermostat does not offer the same level of flexibility.
- One-Week Programming— For those households who like to stick to a daily routine, the 1-week programming thermostat will keep the heating or cooling plan fixed for the entire week. This again, helps people who have busy schedules save time by being able to pre-program their home’s thermostat.
While there are plenty of benefits of getting a programmable thermostat for your home, hiring a company that offers heating and air conditioning repair in Dallas, TX, will ensure that you will get the ideal choice when it comes to a thermostat for your home’s HVAC system. That’s because companies offering heating and air conditioning repair in Dallas, TX, have years of experience in providing HVAC installation, maintenance and repair services and can help you make a more informed decision when choosing a thermostat.
Changing the Factory Settings
The programmable thermostats that are available in the market today have been factory set for the typical US home. This means your heating/cooling and efficiency needs might vary considerably from the factory setting of the thermostat. This means you will have to contact a company that’s offering heating and air conditioning repair in Dallas, TX, to make sure that the device is set according to your specific needs. Many of the latest programmable thermostats enable users to pre-program them according to, wake time, sleep time, leave time and return time.
Get Better Efficiency with Your Thermostat
To get the most out of your programmable thermostat, companies offering heating and air conditioning repair in Dallas, TX, advise homeowners to use the following settings for their home’s thermostat according to the season:
- Program the air conditioning unit of your home at 78°F.
- When you don’t require cooling, shut off the air conditioning unit manually. The best part about having a HVAC unit is that the system will kick in as soon as the temperature warms up inside your house.
- As a rule of thumb, homeowners are advised to pre-program the system to be warmer than usual whenever you are not in the house.
- When you are awake at home, it’s best to make sure the thermostat is programmed at 68°F.
- You should also lower up to 10 degrees for the hours you are either sleeping or are out of the house.
- Be sure to turn off the heating or air conditioning 20 to 30 minutes before you leave the house each day.
One Hour Air Conditioning and Heating is one of the foremost providers of heating and air conditioning repair in Dallas, TX. From air conditioning to heat and furnace repair along with other solutions, the company is known for delivering on its promise of exceptional quality and a timely service.