High energy costs due to an inefficient air conditioning system don’t just affect your bottom line. When the AC doesn’t perform well, your employees will not be very comfortable at work. Read this article for tips on how to improve the efficiency of your cooling system to extend its lifespan and avoid a costly AC repair. We will also provide helpful tips to stay cooler in your workplace. If you need the help of an AC repair technician in Euless, TX, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today. We’re always available to help.
Check out these helpful tips and let us know if you have questions:
- Replace dirty filters. As a rule of thumb, you must check the filters every month. You need to do this especially when your business is operating 24/7. Dirty filters can significantly affect the efficiency of your air conditioning system. If you don’t replace them regularly, your unit will only work harder and this can lead to a costly AC repair. The last thing you want in your office is to pay for repair costs that can be avoided. Assign a utility person to ensure all filters are replaced. Also, make sure this person knows how to properly care for your air conditioning unit to avoid more problems down the road. If you have other questions, please get in touch with one of our technicians today.
- Get an AC tune-up. At least a month before summer, please make sure you get an AC tune-up to ensure all your cooling systems are efficient. You can avoid calling a technician for a costly repair if your air conditioning unit is well-maintained. Hire an AC repair technician who’s fully licensed and insured to perform professional maintenance. Licensed professionals are fully equipped so if something comes up, they will be able to resolve the issue within the day. Do you need assistance with tune-ups? One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Fort Worth is here to help. All of our technicians are highly trained and experienced. Rest assured, we can get the job done right the first time.
- Always attend to issues with your air conditioner. If there are problems with your air conditioner, contact an AC repair technician immediately for a thorough inspection of your unit. Please don’t wait several months before you call a technician or it might be too late. You just might end up calling an AC repair service technician not to get your unit repaired but to replace it. And this can cost you more money. You avoid a more costly repair if you never neglect your air conditioning system. If possible, have a technician’s contact number ready, just in case you’ll need his services. Additionally, make sure the HVAC company provides emergency services so that you can call him right away if there are emergencies in the office.
- Don’t expose the AC to direct sunlight. Are you aware that exposing your air conditioning unit can reduce its lifespan? Your unit will also work harder and will consume more energy. Eventually, it’s going to also shut down especially if you don’t address the problem. Shade your AC as much as possible and consider installing a window awning especially when your air conditioner doesn’t get much shade. You might want to also surround that with plants but not too close enough that it disrupts airflow. If you need assistance, our AC repair service technicians in Euless, TX are more than happy to help.
- Always hire qualified technicians for all AC services. Some business owners would resort to hiring unlicensed technicians to perform major repairs, thinking they can save money. Remember, these technicians don’t have any insurance at all. If they get injured in an accident while working, you will have to shoulder all the medical expenses. The technicians also don’t offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so if they make a mistake, you will have no choice but to hire another AC repair technician to correct the problem.
- Don’t strain the system. As much as possible, dress up for the summer so that you won’t have to keep lowering the temperature in your office. Have some cold drinks to stay a little cooler.
Do the tips above to improve the efficiency of your air conditioning system and avoid a costly AC repair. If you have further questions, feel free to get in touch with a technician in your area.
Staying Cooler in the Workplace
Below are some tips to help you maximize energy savings at work. For issues with air conditioning units, please contact an AC repair service technician in Euless, TX today.
Adjust the Thermostat
Unless your business operates 24/7, there’s really no need to keep turning on the air conditioner. So don’t forget to monitor your air conditioning unit. If no one is using it, then turn it off to conserve energy. Should there be a need to constantly turn it on to protect electronic devices, consider just adjusting it a few degrees higher to save energy costs.
Get Blackout Curtains
If your employees don’t mind closing the curtains during the day to avoid direct heat exposure, then do so. This way your air conditioning system will not have to work harder to keep you comfortable in your workplace. Just make sure you have adequate lighting when you keep the shades or the curtains closed. Blackout curtains can also help reduce the temperature inside your office, helping you feel better and you won’t have to keep adjusting your air conditioner to stay comfortable.
One thing you need to remember: don’t strain the air conditioner if you want to improve its efficiency and extend its lifespan. Direct heat doesn’t just affect a unit’s efficiency, it may also lead to air conditioning shutting down eventually. For other issues with your air conditioner, contact an AC repair service technician in Euless, TX for assistance.
Don’t Use Heat-Generating Devices
For your lighting, consider LED bulbs because they emit less heat. They also last longer compared to regular bulbs. While it doesn’t impact your utility bill directly, it does help. Speak with a professional if you need to switch to LED bulbs to help your AC and save money.
Use Ceiling Fans
Are you aware that ceiling fans can also help regulate the temperature inside? Just make sure the ceiling fan rotates counterclockwise in the summer. With the ceiling fan, you can set the thermostat a couple of degrees higher to conserve energy and save money.
When there are leaks in the building, the cooled air can only escape outside. As a result, the air conditioner will only work harder and consume more energy. Eventually, it’s going to reduce the efficiency of your unit and will make employees feel uncomfortable at work. To avoid a costly AC repair or replacement, make sure to repair all air leaks in your office.
You might also want to consider weathering your building by switching to energy-efficient roofs and windows. If the insulation is inadequate, work with a professional as well to ensure your business location is well insulated. For other issues with your air conditioning unit, please don’t hesitate to contact an AC repair service technician in Euless, TX today.
Signs AC Needs Repairs
Watch out for these signs and ensure you contact an AC repair service technician immediately to help you fix the problem.
If your air conditioner isn’t cooling your office, you might want to check the vents first. You need to ensure nothing obstructs airflow. Remove all equipment or appliances blocking the vents or the unit will not properly cool your space. When the problem persists even after removing all obstructions, perhaps the problem is that the unit doesn’t have enough refrigerant.
It could also mean your air conditioner can no longer properly cool the size of your office and you need to upgrade it. We recommend calling an AC repair service technician in Euless, TX for a proper inspection of your unit. Our technicians at One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Fort Worth will thoroughly inspect the unit and address all issues promptly. If you have other questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at your earliest convenience.
AC Won’t Turn On
When this happens, the first thing you need to check is the thermostat. Is it set to cool? You might want to also check the electrical components as the circuit breaker might be tripped. Try to also unplug the unit and plug it back in. If it still doesn’t work, we suggest calling an AC repair service technician for assistance.
AC Leaks Water
If the leaks are coming from the indoor unit, there could be blockages in the condensate lines. Consider using a vacuum to help you remove the blockage. In some cases, there might also be a need to replace the condensate pump. You will need to hire an AC repair technician for this.
When it’s the outdoor unit that leaks water, this could be due to the hot weather. There might also be a refrigerant leak. We suggest calling a professional technician to inspect the system and fix the problem.
Air Conditioner Doesn’t Stop Running
When the air conditioner doesn’t stop running, the first thing you need to do is check the filters first. Try to replace the dirty filters to see if it’s going to fix the problem. It’s also important to ensure your thermostat is also working as it could be a wiring problem.
How Old Is Your Air Conditioner?
Air conditioners can last 15-20 years. How long exactly depends on the maintenance performed on the system. If you always get an AC tune-up every year and you don’t strain the system, you may be able to maximize the service life of your air conditioner. When the AC is poorly maintained, expect to encounter a lot of problems with it. If you keep calling for an AC repair more than once a year and your AC is no longer that efficient, you might want to consider buying a new unit. The repair costs can add up over time — it will be more cost-effective to get a new air conditioning unit instead.
Should you decide to get a new one, choose the energy-efficient system for more savings. Get in touch with one of our technicians so we can help you choose the right AC size for your business. Don’t purchase a smaller AC if you’re cooling a bigger space or you’ll end up with costly repairs and higher utility bills.
Get a Professional Energy Audit
Do you want to maximize your energy savings? Consider getting an energy audit for your business. You’ll be able to better understand your energy usage when you get a professional energy audit. You can also get recommendations on how to conserve more energy in the office. Speak to a professional to know more about energy audits.
Contact One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Fort Worth
Whether you need an AC repair or a major installation, we can assist. One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Fort Worth only hires licensed and highly skilled technicians to ensure the issue is fixed and you’re comfortable in your offices. You can rely on us and trust us for we have been helping both homeowners and businesses in Euless, TX with their air conditioning needs. We also offer 24/7 emergency services, indoor air quality and air purification. Get in touch with us if you need air conditioning services and we will quickly send a technician to your home or business.