In Texas Summers, You’ll Need An AC Repair Company | Arlington, TX
Texas is known for very long and very hot summers. Temperatures above the century mark are the norm. Because of this, here are some points to consider when you’re thinking about getting your AC checked out for the summer.
Before reviewing tips for AC maintenance and repair, it is instructive to review just how hot Texas can get in the summer.
Summer Temperatures in Texas
The hottest temperature ever recorded in Texas was 120 degrees in Seymour Texas in August 1936 and in Monahans, Texas in 1994. The Fort Worth and Arlington areas are also known for torrid temperatures, with an average of 20 days each year above the century mark. The maximum temperature in this part of TX topped out at 113 degrees on June 26 and June 27, 1980. The average summer temperature in the Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex generally hovers around 92 degrees.
It can be humid as well as hot in North Texas. High humidity combined with hot temperatures makes warm moisture and sweat stay on the skin longer, adding greatly to the uncomfortable feeling. The risk of heat stroke increases as well when it is hot and humid.
When this type of weather takes hold it is necessary to get cooled down. You will want your air conditioner to be working optimally.
What Can Go Wrong with Your Cooling System
Because it is so hot in Texas during the summer months, it is very easy to know when something is not functioning well with your AC system. You are sweating and it’s not getting cooler. Here are a few points to keep in mind regarding your AC system:
- No Cool Air. Of all the things to look out for, no cool air is the most obvious. When you are hot and there is no cool air coming from your unit something’s clearly wrong. Call an experienced AC repair company right away.
- Fluids Leaking from the Unit. Dripping or leaking fluids such as water or refrigerant indicates a problem with your AC unit. You may still be getting cool air but the system is not operating at peak performance. It is time to contact a good AC repair company.
- Circuit Breaker Tripping. Does your circuit breaker trip when your AC engages? It may be because your unit was not installed correctly in the first place. Alternatively, the wiring may not be up to code. In either case, it is necessary to contact a local AC repair company.
- Unpleasant Odors Emanating from the Unit. Burning smells, moldy odors, or other unusual sensations can come from an AC unit in need of repair. If you detect these odors, your unit is not functioning properly and needs to be professionally evaluated.
- Strange Noises Coming from the AC. Sometimes strange and even creepy sounds can come from your AC unit. Unusual sounds are never normal and often indicate a unit that isn’t operating under stress. In order to return it to optimal performance it should be evaluated professionally.
- Ice or Freezing Around the AC Coil. Check to see if there is any ice encrusting the AC coil or the copper fixtures near it. Often this is caused by a unit that has not been cleaned for a long period of time. The icy buildup is detrimental to optimal AC operation and is not normal. Be sure to contact an AC repair company.
- Hot Air is Coming Out of the AC Unit. Similarly to no cool air but even worse, hot air emanating from your AC unit is totally unacceptable in indicative of a problem. This situation can be caused by a dirty filter, obstructions in the air ducts, or an overall state of poor maintenance. This is definitely a time to call in a competent AC repair company in Arlington, TX.
Preparing for an Air Conditioning Breakdown
One of the best ways to prepare for a breakdown of your cooling system is to have regular maintenance performed by a local and competent AC repair company.
Among other AC components, the best companies will ensure that the following items are evaluated and taken care of by their technicians during the service inspection:
- Condenser Coils: They should be checked for damage and cleaned.
- Compressor: This is the energy center of your cooling system. It can become sluggish or in need of replacement, especially when the outside temperature is above the century mark.
- Filters: These should be cleaned or replaced to ensure optimal performance.
- Wiring: All wires should be looked at and cleaned as needed. Any exposed wiring is a major fire hazard and will need replacing.
- AC Blower: Blowers can accumulate dust and debris. A dirty blower definitely slows down AC efficiency. It should be cleaned and evaluated.
The best firms have been around for a long time and have a strong reputation to protect. The crew should clean up after performing maintenance and any needed repairs and before they leave. You should expect nothing less from your AC repair company.
What to Do When Your Air Conditioning Unit Fails
When you are having any of these problems, the solution is simple. Call an experienced AC repair company in Arlington, TX.
Selecting the best AC repair company may seem daunting, especially if your system is not working and it is hot in your home. But it doesn’t need to be stressful.
You know that summers are long and hot in the metroplex. Therefore, look no further than One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Fort Worth – Arlington, TX. These folks know North Texas and have a wealth of experience with the various AC units in use. Bookmark this now so that when your AC goes out, you’ll have the information handy.
See our previous blog post here!