Photo By hoozone at istock
Every system in your North Richland Hills, TX home is designed to make your life more comfortable and convenient. For example, your electrical system provides power to your home, allowing you to turn on the lights, run appliances, and run other home systems. Your plumbing system is designed to provide clean water to your home and remove water and waste from your home. Finally, the HVAC system is designed to keep your home at a comfortable temperature.
You rely on your HVAC system for most of the year. You rely on your air conditioner to keep your home cool and comfortable from late spring to late summer. From early fall to early spring, you rely on your heater to keep your home warm and toasty.
If there is an issue with your home’s HVAC system, you won’t be comfortable in your home. In addition, HVAC issues can affect your home and your family’s health.
If the HVAC system in your North Richland Hills, TX home is experiencing any of the following issues, you should call an emergency heating and AC repair service as soon as the problem starts. It is essential that you make the call right away to prevent a minor issue from escalating to a significant problem that will be expensive to repair.
#1 You Have No Heat
One of the most obvious signs you need to call an emergency heating and AC repair service is if your heater isn’t working. When it gets cold outside, you expect your heater to keep your home warm. There are a few issues that could prevent the heat from working correctly.
- Poor maintenance: Regular maintenance is essential for your heater to function properly throughout the entire heating season. Neglecting routine maintenance can result in a dirty blower, which can result in equipment failure. The same is true if your air filters are dirty. In addition, regular tune-ups will ensure the flame sensor is clean and the burner is functioning correctly. Neglecting to have these parts of the HVAC system maintained can prevent your HVAC system from producing heat.
- Faulty blower capacitor: The blower capacitor is an essential part of your HVAC system. It is designed to start the furnace when you set your thermostat to the heating mode. If this component is failing or has completely failed, the blower won’t kick on, and the heat won’t turn on.
- Thermostat issues: The thermostat in your North Richland Hills, TX home is your HVAC system’s brain. If your thermostat isn’t working properly, the heat won’t either.
Because you need heat to stay warm during the winter, you should call a heating and AC repair service right away. The longer you wait to make the call, the longer it will be before your home is warm and cozy.
#2 Your Air Conditioner Is Producing Warm Air
When it starts warming up outside, it is time to turn off the heat and use your air conditioner. If you turn on the AC in your North Richland Hills, TX home, and it produces warm air, you may need to call an emergency heating and AC repair service.
Human error is a common cause of this problem. You don’t want to waste money on an unnecessary service call; therefore, you should check your thermostat setting first.
Your system needs to be set to the cooling mode, and the fan needs to be turned on for the system to produce cold air. In addition, it needs to be warmer in the house than the setting on the thermostat for the air conditioner to kick on.
If your thermostat is set correctly, it is time to call a professional. A few issues can cause this problem, and you will need an emergency heating and AC repair service to figure out why the system isn’t producing cold air.
- Dirty air filters
- Frozen condenser coil
- Low refrigerant
- Refrigerant leak
- Failing compressor
- Broken thermostat
- The system has reached the end of its lifespan and needs to be replaced.
An emergency heating and AC repair service will send an HVAC tech to inspect the system to determine why your system isn’t producing cold air. When the problem has been solved, your home will be cool and comfortable again.
#3 Reduced Airflow
When you stand in front of the vents in your North Richland Hills, TX home, you should feel a rush of cold air when the AC is on and a rush of warm air when the heater is on. If the air coming from the vents is poor, it can be difficult for your home to reach the desired temperature. Your HVAC system will have to work harder to keep your home comfortable, which can cause your energy bills to increase. In addition, the extra work will put added strain on your HVAC system, which can reduce its lifespan, and you will need to replace it sooner than necessary.
There are a few issues that can cause reduced airflow, and you will need the assistance of an emergency heating and AC repair service to figure out what is wrong so the necessary repair can be made.
- Clogged air ducts: A buildup of dirt, dust, and other debris is the most common cause of reduced airflow. Regardless of how clean you keep your home, debris will end up in the ducts. Clogged air ducts also affect the air quality in your home. When the heater or air conditioner is running, the debris in the ducts will circulate in the air, affecting the air quality and your family’s health. Breathing the debris in the air can cause allergy symptoms, such as a runny or stuffy nose, itchy, watery eyes, coughing, sneezing, and a scratchy throat.
An emergency heating and AC repair service can clean the air ducts, which will improve the airflow and your home’s air quality.
- Damaged air ducts: The air ducts in your North Richland Hills, TX home deliver heated or cool air from the HVAC system to the vents throughout your home. If there is a crack or a leak in the duct, the treated air will escape, resulting in poor airflow and the other issues that go along with it.
An emergency heating and AC repair service can repair the ducts, increasing the airflow.
- Faulty blower: The HVAC system’s blower is responsible for forcing the heated or cool air from the HVAC system to the vents. If the blower cannot do its job, the airflow will be reduced.
An HVAC tech can repair the blower, improving the airflow.
Because so many issues can cause restricted airflow, you should call an emergency heating and AC repair service to determine the cause and make the repair.
#4 Foul Smells
Your heater and air conditioner should produce clean, odorless air. If you smell something strange when your HVAC system is running, you should immediately call an emergency heating and AC repair service. The particular smell will give the HVAC tech an idea as to what is causing the problem.
- Mold: The most common cause of a moldy smell is mold in the air ducts. The air ducts in your home are hidden under the floor, behind the walls, and in the ceiling and are very dark. In addition, humidity can result in condensation in the ducts, which is the perfect breeding ground for mold.
If there is mold in the ducts, mold spores will circulate in the air when your HVAC system is running. Breathing in mold spores can cause allergy symptoms, respiratory problems and can weaken the immune system, making it difficult to fight off infection. An emergency heating and AC repair service can inspect the ducts for mold. Fortunately, the tech can easily eradicate the mold using an antimicrobial fogger. If there isn’t any mold in the air ducts, it could be in the HVAC system, which can be challenging to reach. If the tech cannot eradicate the mold, you may need to replace your HVAC system.
- Burning: If you smell something burning when your heater or AC is running, you should turn the system off and call an emergency heating and AC repair service.
The burning smell often signifies an electrical issue. If you continue using the HVAC system, it could spark an electrical fire that could damage or destroy your home. An HVAC tech from an emergency heating and AC repair service can inspect the system and repair the electrical issue, making it safe to start using your HVAC system again.
- Gas: If you smell gas in your home, turn off your air conditioner, leave the house and call 911 immediately. The smell could be due to a gas leak, which can result in an explosion. When the gas company deems your home safe, you can’t turn on the heat until you call an emergency heating and AC repair service to fix the leak, ensuring your home and family will be safe.
Foul smells often signify issues with your HVAC system that can put your home and family at risk. It is best to call an emergency heating and AC repair service as soon as you notice the strange smell.
#5 Faulty Thermostat
The thermostat is your HVAC system’s control center. If the thermostat isn’t working correctly, your heater and air conditioner won’t function properly either. There are a few issues to let you know your thermostat isn’t functioning correctly.
- The thermostat isn’t lighting up, even after you have changed the batteries.
- The system cycles frequently.
- The heater and air conditioner won’t turn on.
- The temperature setting doesn’t match the temperature in your house.
If your thermostat isn’t functioning correctly, you will need to call an emergency heating and AC repair service. Thermostat technology has evolved over the last several years, and there are options today that can help save money on your energy bills.
- Programmable: Programmable thermostats can be programmed to change the temperature at certain times of the day. For example, you don’t need as much heat or cool air when you aren’t home, and you can set the thermostat accordingly. When your heater or air conditioner is cut down when you aren’t home, your energy bills will decrease.
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi thermostats can be controlled using your cellphone anywhere in the world as long as you have an internet connection. You can manage your thermostat when you leave the house and before you get home, saving money on your energy bill.
- Smart thermostat: Smart thermostats work with smart devices, such as Amazon Alexa or Google Home. You can control the thermostat using the sound of your voice when you are at home. You can use the smart device’s app on your cell phone to control the thermostat when you are away.
When you call an emergency heating and AC repair service, the HVAC tech can discuss your options with you and go over the pros and cons of each. This will help you make the best decision.
Why Choose One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Fort Worth?
If you are having issues with your HVAC system and want to work with the best HVAC repair service in the business, contact One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Fort Worth. We are a full-service HVAC company that has been serving customers in the area since 1988. Providing excellent service is our top priority, which is why many of our customers have been loyal customers for as many as 20 years.
Our HVAC techs are professionally trained, highly skilled, and NATE certified, ensuring they can handle any problem you have. HVAC technology is constantly evolving; therefore, we require our techs to receive ongoing training. We do this so our tech can install, maintain and repair the latest models.
We want you to feel safe when you allow our techs into your home, which is why they must pass a drug test, background check, and register with the state of Texas.
Heating and air conditioning issues can arise at the most inconvenient times. Your comfort is important to us, which is why we offer emergency heating and AC repair service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you have an emergency, we will do our best to get to your home as quickly as possible.
To schedule an appointment for emergency heating and AC repair service, give us at One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Fort Worth a call today.