While many homeowners refer to their kitchen as the heart of their home, the truth is that, the heart of a Texas home is probably the HVAC system, and for good reason. One of the main reasons for this is because it is the heating and cooling system in your home that makes it comfortable to live in regardless of the weather outside. Ask any company offering heating and AC repair in Fort Worth, TX and they will tell you that the HVAC unit of your home is a crucial component of any home. This is also all the more reason why you should make sure that the HVAC unit of your home is able to function at optimal levels all through the year.
The only way to make sure that the HVAC unit in your home is functioning efficiently is to make sure the ductwork is always clean. This is mainly because the efficiency of the HVAC unit will mainly depend on how clean the ducts and the filter are in your home. Here, we are going to take a quick look at how you can improve the efficiency of the HVAC system in your home. You can also hire the expertise of a company offering heating and AC repair in Fort Worth, TX to get a better idea of how often the ductwork in your home needs to be cleaned.
Get Familiar with Duct System Analysis
Apart from improving the efficiency of the duct system in your home, a duct system analysis can also improve the air quality of your home making it safer to breathe, especially for those who have issues such as asthma or a similar condition. A duct system analysis has been designed to help uncover any issues in the duct system prior to the heating and AC repair in Fort Worth, TX.
During the quick inspection, the technicians will carry out a thorough analysis of the ductwork in your home before completing any necessary repairs. One of the benefits of hiring the expertise of a company offering heating and AC repair in Fort Worth, TX is that their technicians can properly identify any underlying concerns that could lead to major expense in the future. The following are some of the things that the technician is going to inspect during the duct system analysis:
- Perform an air balance analysis
- Inspect the duct system design
- Detect and leaks
- Carry out a duct system replacement if required
Signs You Need a Heating and AC Repair in Fort Worth, TX
The following are some of the most common signs that might suggest you need a heating and AC repair in Fort Worth, TX:
- Increased Cost of Utility Bills–If you are noticing an unexplained spike in the monthly energy bills, then it is probably because your HVAC system is working more than usual due to clogged ducts. This occurs because the HVAC unit has to work harder to achieve the desired heating or cooling temperatures, which ends up using more energy than usual.
- Strange Sounds–The ducts expand and contract with the changes in the temperature as conditioned air flows through them. While the odd popping sound that seldom occurs is normal, any continuous loud rattling or vibrating is a sure sign that a particular portion of the duct system is either loose or damaged and requires the immediate attention of a heating and AC repair in Fort Worth, TX.
- Cold and Hot Spots–A poorly designed duct system can result in some areas of the house achieving less or more of the conditioned air than others. This can lead to much discomfort, since the whole idea of an HVAC system is to make the whole house comfortable to live in, especially when the weather is unpleasant outside.
Strange Odors–A leaking or damaged duct system does not only conditioned air to leak outside, but also results in contaminated air entering your home. Furthermore, dust, debris and other air bourne pollutants normally enter through cracks and breaks in the duct system, which results to strange odors in the house. Also, if you notice an unpleasant odor in one of more rooms in your house then it could also be a dirty filter, which will also require heating and AC repair in Fort Worth, TX.
Preferably, a home’s HVAC unit should be serviced by a professional at least twice a year. Many homeowners usually hire a company providing heating and AC repair in Fort Worth, TX before spring and fall season to make sure the unit is functioning properly when needed most. Since the HVAC unit is the one component of a home that’s constantly working, it is important to make sure that it is able to function properly throughout the year.
Apart from the HVAC unit being serviced before warm and cold months of the year begin, homeowners should not avoid regular maintenance carried out by an experienced company offering professional heating and AC repair in Fort Worth, TX. There are many reasons why homeowners in Texas should make sure their HVAC unit is properly maintained mainly because it makes your home more comfortable and energy efficient.
Getting the duct system and the filters in your home thoroughly cleaned and maintained will ensure the longevity of your home’s HVAC system. One Hour Air Conditioning and Heating offers a world-class HVAC repair and installation service that’s reliable and affordable.
From air conditioning to heat and furnace repair along with other solutions, One Hour is known for delivering on its promise of exceptional quality and a timely service. One Hour has a knowledgeable staff that’s ready to provide you with all the latest information you need on getting heating and air conditioning repair in Fort Worth, TX.