Photo By GSPhotography at Shutterstock
The summer months in Azle, TX, are very hot and humid. The daytime temperature in June, July, and August can reach 98 degrees. The nights are a bit more mild, but the temperature can still reach 75 degrees, which can result in many sleepless nights without an air conditioner.
During the summer, you rely greatly on your air conditioner to keep your home cool and comfortable. The last thing you want is for your air conditioner to break down during the hottest time of the year.
If you experience a complete air conditioning breakdown, you will need to call an HVAC tech to figure out what is causing the problem. In some cases, the issue can be repaired. It could take a couple of days for an HVAC tech to get to your home because summer is one of their busiest times of the year. If the tech needs to order a part for your air conditioner, it could take a couple of days to come in.
The problem could be something more serious, and a repair isn’t possible. This would require a new air conditioner installation. On average, it can cost between $5,000 and $12,000 to replace your air conditioner, depending on the size of your home and the model you choose. Because this is a major investment, you might be hesitant to replace the air conditioner and would rather do whatever necessary to have it repaired. Unfortunately, this isn’t always the best solution to the problem. If it is time for a new AC installation, a repair will only be a temporary fix.
It is best that you are able to recognize the signs that it is time to replace the air conditioner in your Azle, TX home.
#1 Your Air Conditioner Is Over 10-Years-Old
On average, your air conditioning system would last 15 years if it has been properly maintained. If your system is over 10-years-old and the HVAC tech tells you that you need an expensive repair, it might be best to go with a new air conditioner installation. Having them fix the problem won’t be a long-term solution if the system has reached its maximum lifespan. Also, with the new advancements in air conditioner technology, installing a new air conditioner could be the best option.
#2 You Are Facing a Very Expensive Repair
If you are having air conditioner issues and the HVAC tech tells you that you will need to pay for an expensive repair, it is best to consider the cost of having a major repair performed is better than a new air conditioning installation. Before making the decision, you should figure out which option makes financial sense for you.
#3 Your Air Conditioner Isn’t Running Efficiently
If the air conditioner in your Azle, TX, isn’t energy-efficient, it can cause a drastic increase in your energy bills. New air conditioning systems must have a SEER rating of at least 13. If you have an older system with a SEER rate of less than 13, you might want to consider a new air conditioner installation. You will need to pay for the initial installation, but over time, the new air conditioner will pay for itself in the money you will save on your energy bills. On average, you can save 20 to 40 percent on your monthly energy bills, which can really add up. The savings alone could be a great reason to consider a new air conditioner installation.
#4 Your Air Conditioner Is Breaking Down Frequently
If the air conditioner in your Azle, TX home breaks down just once, it can be very frustrating. In some cases, it can take a couple of days to have the problem repaired, which will make life in your home very uncomfortable. If your air conditioner breaks down more than once during the cooling season, it can be especially frustrating, and you might want to consider a new air conditioner installation. Each time an HVAC comes to your Azle, TX home to repair the problem, you will need to pay a fee just for them to come to your house. You will also need to pay the cost to have the air conditioner repaired. If you find that you are calling to have your system repaired frequently, the cost can really add up. It might make more financial sense to schedule a new air conditioner installation. This will require an initial investment, but you won’t need to deal with the inconvenience and cost of frequent air conditioner repairs.
#5 Your Air Conditioner Uses R-22 Freon
Many older air conditioners use R-22 Freon. In 2015, the Environmental Protection Agency deemed R-22 Freon extremely toxic and harmful to the environment. It is an environmental danger because it contributes to the depletion of the ozone layer. When this was determined, the United States government put restrictions on the production of R-22 Freon. They also required that this type of Freon be stop production and be eliminated by January 2020.
Over time, the Freon levels in your air conditioner can go down, which would require it to be topped off if your system is going to keep your home cool. If there is an issue with your air conditioner and it leaks Freon, the lost Freon will need to be replaced. If you have an older system, your HVAC tech won’t be able to find R-22 Freon. If they can still find what R-22 is left, it can be very expensive.
If your existing air conditioner uses R-22 Freon, it might be best to consider a new air conditioner installation. This will ensure that your HVAC tech can get their hands on the Freon that your system requires, and your air conditioner will keep your home cool all summer long.
#6 Your Home Isn’t Getting Cool Enough
If your air conditioner has always kept your home cool and suddenly it doesn’t, there is a good chance that it is time for a new air conditioner installation. When your system gets close to the end of its lifespan, it will become more and more difficult for the system to keep your home cool. Because it gets so hot during the summer, you need your system to be functioning at peak performance. If your home isn’t as cool as you would like it to be, you should consider replacing the air conditioner in your Azle, TX home.
#7 Your Home Is Very Humid
The air conditioning system in your Azle, TX home is designed to do more than keep your home cool. It is also designed to keep the humidity level down. If you find that your home is humid most days, it might be time for a new air conditioner installation. When your system is close to the end of its lifespan, it will become harder and harder for the system to remove the humidity from the home. This issue will cause more than comfort issues. If your home gets too moist and humid, it can promote mold growth, which will cause a whole new set of problems.
If your existing air conditioner can no longer keep the humidity level in your home down, a new air conditioner installation is best.
#8 There Are Plenty Of Benefits
If you are still on the fence about a new air conditioner installation, you should consider all of the benefits associated with installing a new air conditioner. These include.
- Improved health: Older air conditioners don’t function as well as new systems. This can have a negative effect on the air quality in your Azle, TX home. If a member of your family has asthma or allergies, a new air conditioner installation will decrease their symptoms. It will also cause fewer illnesses and provide better overall respiratory health.
- Additional comfort: If being comfortable in your Azle, TX home is a priority, a new air conditioner can help. A new system will prevent unwanted drafts and leaks from the air ducts. You can also have a zoned system installed with a programmable thermostat, which will allow you to customize the cooling in your home. This will make you more comfortable.
- Peace of mind: A new air conditioner installation will give you peace of mind that your system will be up and running all summer long. It is a great feeling when you don’t have to worry about a complete system breakdown.
- Saves money: If you are like most people, you don’t want to waste money on anything. If you have a new air conditioner installed, you can save 20 to 40 percent on your energy bill during the summer, which can really add up during the hot summer months.
- Increase the value of your home: According to Money Magazine, a new air conditioner installation can increase the value of your home by 10 percent. If you decide to sell your Azle, TX home, installing a new system is well worth the investment. Also, when you add the new installation to your listing, you will get more prospective buyers.
Why Choose One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating Of Fort Worth?
If you are planning a new air conditioner installation, contact One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating Of Fort Worth. We have several years experience in air conditioner installation. When you call for a consultation, we will do a variety of things to make sure that you are installing the best system in your Azle, TX home for the lowest price possible. These include:
- Check out the size of your home: Before suggesting a system, our HVAC tech will take a look at the size of your home. If the system is too small, it won’t be able to keep your whole house cool. If it is too large, it will waste a lot of electricity, increasing your energy bill.
- Test the air quality: Before a new air conditioner installation, our HVAC tech will discuss and test the air quality in your home. This will help us find the right system to make your home’s air quality safe for breathing.
- Inspect your existing ductwork: Before a new air conditioner installation, our HVAC tech will inspect your ductwork for leaks and any other issues that will affect the cooling efficiency.
- Discuss your options: When our HVAC tech has all of the information they need regarding the size of your home, the ductwork, and the air quality in your home, they will discuss the best options for you. We will make sure that you understand all of the options available and the benefits of each. This will help you make the most informed decision.
When you work with One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating Of Fort Worth, you can be sure you are working with the best. We have been serving customers in the area since 1988, and many of our existing customers have been our loyal customers for 20+ years.
All of your HVAC techs are licensed, insured, and NATE certified and receive on-going training. They do this to stay up-to-date on the latest HVAC technology, which is essential since the technology is improving all the time. Our techs have the knowledge and experience to handle all of your HVAC needs. Before they are hired, all of our techs are required to pass a drug test and a background check. They are also registered with the state of Texas. We understand how important it is for our customers to trust the person they allow into their homes.
We understand that HVAC issues can occur at any time of the day or night. Because of this, we provide emergency service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you have an HVAC issue on the weekend or at night, we will get a tech to your home as quickly as we would if it were to occur during regular business hours.
To schedule an estimate for a new air conditioner installation or any other HVAC service, give us at One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Fort Worth a call today.