Important Guidelines for Air Conditioner Maintenance | Air Conditioning Service in Fort Worth, TX
Photo By gpointstudio at Shutterstock
Your air conditioners are responsible for the quality of air in your house. If the air quality is bad, your health can be affected, which is why your air conditioning system requires your proper care and attention.
As summer is around the corner, you might need to start worrying about your air conditioners. They are the only ones that can save you from the burning heat of the Texas sun. Therefore, a proper routine for their maintenance must be followed for efficient performance.
This article is a complete guideline for the maintenance of your air conditioning systems. By following it, you can maintain your system’s performance and longevity.
Regularly Check Your Air Conditioner for Maintenance
A regular checkup is a must if you want to maintain your system. You may do it yourself, but handing such a task over to a professional is a much better idea.
Things You Can Do Yourself for Maintenance:
- Cleaning Filters:
Cleaning the filters is the first and most important maintenance job. To enhance the effectiveness and cooling of your air conditioner, you can do this inexpensive job yourself. Many instruments can be purchased this particular purpose, and at very affordable prices, too. A clean filter can guarantee a standard airflow through the air conditioner; it makes sure your AC gives out a safe and secure airflow free from bacteria. It can also increase your AC’s energy consumption.
Also, if dust can bypass the filter and isn’t filtered out before dispersion, it can affect the condenser immediately and cause severe health issues.
- Cleaning Condensers and Vents: The dirt and dust particles residing in your AC’s condenser and vents can badly affect the cooling process. The function of condenser is to convert the outside air into cool air. This cool air is what is then dispersed around the house through the vents. If both of these components get affected by dirt, they can cause major health problems. Cleaning your condenser and vents once a week can help to protect the environment of your home.
- Responsible Usage: Homeowners are advised to use their air conditioners responsibly. They must avoid the over usage of their system as running them 24/7 can harm their longevity. Therefore, air conditioning systems must be switched off in between uses at least for a short while.
Tasks that Requires Professional Help:
- Gas Refill: An air conditioner can’t function without gas. Basically, the gas in an air conditioning system is what helps cool the outside air that the air conditioning system takes in and then spreads around the house. So, if your air conditioner runs out of gas due to a leakage, you must call a professional to refill it ASAP. Otherwise, using it without a gas refill can damage your air conditioning system.
- Wiring Check: Your AC wires can get tangled up or damaged due to the low voltage or other power related issues. This usually results in a power failure. Overlooking the condition of your AC wires may cause electric shocks or short circuits. Therefore, professional help is needed to combat this issue.
- Motor Lubrication: The motor inside your air conditioner may corrode due to humidity. This corrosion can cause strange noises to emanate from your system. In that case, the motor must be lubricated by a professional to stop the noises that bother you.
Why Do You Need AC Repair?
The following reasons indicate that you need to hire an expert air conditioning service in Fort Worth, TX urgently:
- Strange noises: If you hear unusual noises coming out of your system, it means the belt inside your AC is broken, or the motor inside your AC requires lubrication. This calls for an immediate air conditioning service in Fort Worth, TX.
- Uneven cooling: Uneven cooling can be a symptom of dirt and dust residing on or in your AC filter. An air conditioning service in Fort Worth, TX, is required to handle this issue.
- High Energy Bills: Most people run their air conditioners for a long time if the system isn’t cooling the room efficiently. This will inevitably cause a spike in the electricity bill. Seeking out the help of a professional for air conditioning service in Fort Worth, TX, can save your energy bills.
- Bad odor: The musty smell coming out your air conditioning system is not a good sign. A professional must be hired for air conditioning service in Fort Worth, TX.
What’s the Right Time to Replace an Old AC?
If your life doesn’t come with a full-time working guarantee, then how can you expect a machine to function for a lifetime? We all know that nothing lasts forever, and your air conditioner might fail to work efficiently as time passes. Calling a professional company for air conditioning service in Fort Worth, TX, can at least prevent it from breaking down prematurely.
But if your system wears down, you can expect it to stop working. In such a situation, you must buy a new one. Replacing your old system with the new one can save you from significant issues like health risks, electrical short circuits, etc. A new system would require less maintenance as compared to the old one. Following a checklist for the maintenance of your air conditioner can help you increase its longevity:
- Learn and understand the components of your system.
- Keep track of your system’s performance
- If your air conditioner has been inoperative for more than 4 months, call a professional for air conditioning service in Fort Worth, TX.
- Hire a company for a weekly air conditioning service in Fort Worth, TX, to safeguard your system from the growth of mold and debris.
When to Hire a Professional
Air conditioner repair, maintenance, and installation must only be done by professionals as they are fully trained to do so. One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning is the best service company in Texas that is fully equipped with a team of well-trained and licensed technicians. Our aim is to provide top-notch air conditioning servicein Fort Worth, TX, leaving our customers happy and satisfied.
We are the premium HVAC service providers in the USA, and we proudly back our work with a 100% guarantee. For the most reliable air conditioning servicein Fort Worth, TX, call us at 817-283-6911and get your air conditioner checked before it breaks down.