Emergencies are inevitable in North Richland Hills, TX homes, and the wise homeowners prepare for them. Have you ever had an HVAC emergency that compelled you to call for emergency heating and AC repair service company for help? If not, you are lucky, but that does not mean you will never experience air conditioning issues because they are inevitable, especially with lack of maintenance.
Folks who have had an AC emergency may understand how unbearable and uncomfortable your house feels and try their best to avoid the same situation from happening again through regular maintenance.
Therefore, it is crucial to know air conditioner mishaps that require urgent repair services from reliable emergency heating and air conditioning repair service companies, and they are not limited to:
Malfunctioning Air Conditioner
One of the worst things to happen to you when the weather is scorching hot is your AC failing by not turning on at all. It is so frustrating and can make you do the unthinkable by switching it on and off several times, wishing it responds just for a while to relieve the immense heat that can lead to heat-related illnesses. At that point, you should call an emergency heating and AC repair service company for urgent diagnosis and repairs of the unit.
The HVAC contractors might start by checking the thermostat to see if it is smoothly running or has dead batteries for replacement. If they discover the issue is not the batteries, the next place to evaluate is the thermostat settings to know if they are at the optimal intended temperature levels.
The emergency heating and cooling AC repair service experts can also inspect the circuit breaker to understand the magnitude of the problem. If the circuit breaker has tripped, they may diagnose the issue for immediate fixing, replacement, or adjustments.
Finding the root cause of the problem is the best way to solve it. In this case, the reason behind the malfunctioned AC system might be:
- Damaged fan blades
- Electrical problems in the unit
- Frozen coils
- Refrigerant leaks
- Faulty thermostat or circuit breaker
AC Coolant Leak
As earlier mentioned, refrigerant leaks can make an air conditioner malfunction because the AC works with a specific-factory recommended amount.
It is an urgent air conditioning problem because it can lead to an undercharged and overheating compressor, thus the need to call an emergency heating and AC repair service provider for urgent repairs.
The problems can also adversely affect the performance of your AC, leaving you at the mercy of the heat waves.
The reasons behind the leaking refrigerant include:
- Corroded copper tube walls lead to cracks and form holes that leak the coolant
- Improper installation by an unqualified HVAC contractor can lead to improperly fitted components
- Factory defects such as missing parts, poor fixing of the components, and damaged parts can make the refrigerant leak. It is wise to return the air conditioner to the store you bought it to be resolved by the company if the warranty still suffices than paying an emergency heating and AC repair service provider for costly repairs.
- Age of the AC unit can also make the refrigerant leak due to wear and tears sustained from frequent use of the cooling equipment.
Identifying the leakage is also not as easy. It requires knowledge of the various signs of leaking coolant, including:
- High electricity bills
- Lower cooling capacity of the air conditioning unit
- Uncomfortable rooms due to hot and cold spots
- High humidity levels in your house.
- Condensation on the coils.
- Leakages from the AC can cause mold and puddles on your carpet or floor.
- Free conditioned airflow restrictions.
- Hissing sounds from the AC equipment.
The signs of a coolant leak are enough to make you hire an emergency heating and AC repair service expert for immediate repairs and replacement of the leaked refrigerant.
Air conditioning equipment relies on electric power to run efficiently. The entire air conditioner cannot perform at peak performance if one of its components is faulty. It can fail to operate, thus the need to reach out to an emergency heating and AC repair service professional to fix it as soon as possible to restore your temperature-related comfort.
The electrical problem might arise from the:
- Fan motor
- Blower motor
- Bad capacitors.
Another issue could be loose electrical connections in the system that make the AC not turn on to meet your cooling needs. Knowing the exact electrical problem helps the emergency heating and AC repair service provider pinpoint the faulty electrical connections and parts to fix, replace or tighten to restore the peak performance of the aircon.
Noise From the AC
The AC unit is a complex system that can generate diverse sounds to signify different issues. The loud noises from the AC can deny you peace and even disrupt your sleep, forcing you to call an emergency heating and AC repair service company within North Richland Hills, TX, for urgent repairs.
Some of the noises the HVAC contractor can use to identify and fix the issue are:
- Banging noises; that indicate problems with the compressor
- Screeching sounds; are evidence of a faulty fan motor in the compressing unit
- Humming noises; signify an issue with the defective relay switch.
- Buzzing sounds; are evidence of an unbalanced or loose fan blade or obstruction close to the copper line.
- Rattling sounds; can result from dirt in the condenser unit.
- Hissing sounds; show there is an issue with the ducts or duct leak.
- Clicking sounds; indicate a faulty thermostat that requires fixing by an emergency heating and AC repair service expert.
- Bubbling noises can show the presence of moisture inside the AC system.
If you hear any of the above abnormal sounds coming from your air conditioning unit, call an HVAC expert from a reliable emergency heating and air conditioning repair service Company in North Richland, TX. The technicians can use their knowledge of the sounds and the AC system to identify the issue for quick repairs.
Frozen Evaporator Coil
People can also suffer the high temperatures in their homes because of failed AC with frozen evaporator coils. The evaporator coils help the refrigerant suck warm air from your rooms and allow cold conditioned and refreshing air to circulate your house for maximum comfort. But, if you notice ice forming on the coils, it is a sign that your AC unit is failing, a problem that needs emergency heating and AC repair service technicians to identify the actual and fix it immediately.
Causes of the frozen evaporator coils are not limited to:
- Dirty air filters are the main culprits that lead to frozen coils because they restrict air from passing to and from your house.
- Blocked ductwork, vents, and ducts can also obstruct air from reaching the coils, affecting the compression process, hence, the need for an emergency heating and AC repair service technician to fix it.
- Faulty fan
The above causes of frozen coils show that the restricted airflow in the system is what makes the moisture in the evaporator coils freeze because the coolant cannot suck heat from your North Richland Hills, TX house. For that reason, you should ensure an emergency heating and AC repair service company sends an HVAC technician at least twice annually for thorough cleaning of the AC unit for efficiency.
Molds in the AC
Another AC issue that requires urgent intervention from experts is mold growth inside the system. Though the issue might not stop the optimal running of your AC, it can adversely affect the indoor air quality and structural integrity of your home over a short time. So, it is best not wait until it spreads throughout your residence before calling an emergency heating and AC repair service professional for help.
How can mold get into your AC unit in the first place? It is common knowledge that mold thrives where there is moisture, and an AC with drainage issues can provide the wetness and the environment for the spores to multiply. As the mold increases in the system, your home will be full of spores because they will be circulating from the conditioned air.
It is not a walk in the park to notice the signs of the mold in your house, but what you will not miss is the allergic complaints you get from your children and other inhabitants in your North Richland Hills, TX home. The health issues such as:
- Asthmatic attacks
- Irritation of the eyes, throat and nose
- Other upper tract respiratory problems
Once you realize your AC is the source of mold-related health problems, you can call for an emergency heating and AC repair service contractor to check, clean, and disinfect the entire system. They can also refer you to mold specialists to inspect your entire home of the affected areas for effective mold removal.
It is normal for your AC to leak water during a scorching hot day, but not on a freezing day. When you notice the leakage on its cold, it is an issue that an emergency heating and AC repair service technician can handle promptly. The leaks from your AC may arise from:
- Dirty filters that interfere with the optimal cooling cycle
- Blocked drain pipes that hinder the passage of condensation through to the AC drains
- Low coolant levels that cannot suck heat from your space
- Broken condensate pan that allows condensation to drip outside the air conditioning unit.
Homeowners in North Richland Hills, TX, are susceptible to compressor issues due to excess refrigerant levels in the system. The problem can skyrocket your energy bills due to flooded starts or low suction superheats.
The excessive coolant in the AC only arises due to hiring an incompetent HVAC technician from an emergency heating and AC repair service company you know nothing about them.
The inexperienced and unqualified contractor can fill your system with more than the required factory-set coolant, leading to more AC issues instead of solving them. The excess refrigerant can cause:
- Liquid slugging in the compressor leading to its sudden breakdown.
- Costly replacement of the failed compressing unit
- Flooded condenser, reducing its cooling capacity
- Excess subcooling at the condensing unit
- Noisy compressor, and
- Short cycling of the compressor
The numerous compressor issues require an emergency heating and AC repair service expert to fix before they worsen. It is best to get the best HVAC company with NATE certified, trained, insured, qualified, and bonded technicians to address your heating and cooling needs whenever you require their quality and competent services to avoid additional AC problems.
Dirty Air Filters
Last but not least are dirty air filters. The filters installed in your AC unit are for removing dirt from the air that circulates in your North Richland Hills, TX home. As much as your aircon provides the much-needed comfortable and cool environment during the summer season, it can also pose adverse health issues if the air filter is dirty because they compromise the indoor air quality in your house. The clogged filters lead to multiple other problems such as:
- Sending your AC to an early grave
- Frozen evaporator coils
- Mold growth
- Straining the blower fan
- High utility bills
Any of the above issues is enough for you to call an emergency heating and AC repair service provider to inspect, diagnose and fix the problems with your cooling system. The HVAC contractor can replace your clogged air filters or wash them to restore your AC’s efficiency.
Here For Professional Help!
Note that all cooling and heating-related issues that compromise the comfort of your home are urgent and require you to act promptly by seeking professional help from One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Fort Worth. We are an HVAC company that meets customers’ heating and cooling needs in North Richland Hills, TX, and the surrounding communities.
We have emergency heating and AC repair service providers available 24/7 throughout the year. They offer exceptional services that leave clients satisfied and refer their friends and relatives facing any AC problems.