Why You Should Always Leave AC Repair To The Pros | Fort Worth, TX
Nowadays, it is easy to find DIY videos online that range from everything from making origami cranes to building a spaceship. And while a few of those projects could make for many afternoons of fun for your kids and family, the truth of the matter is that when it comes to things such as AC repair in Fort Worth, TX, most times it is best to leave the job to the pros.
Sure, we understand that DIY videos make an AC repair look easy, but just as you wouldn’t try to build a spaceship out of toilet paper rolls and duct tape, you should never mess with your air conditioner unless you have been properly trained to do so.
Trying your own hand at AC repair in Fort Worth, TX without having any knowledge about the job you want to do is not only dangerous, but can result in you having to fork over much more money than you wanted to pay in the first place. And, while we understand that Texas heat waves can result in kids frying eggs on the sidewalk, waiting until an expert AC repair service arrives is always the best thing you can do. Keep in mind, of course, that these inconveniences can always be avoided by making sure your Fort Worth, TX air conditioner is properly maintained. So make sure you schedule a solid maintenance and tune up schedule throughout the year so you don’t have to find yourself swimming in your own sweat on a sweltering summer day.
At this point, it is highly likely that somebody may still be thinking about how ridiculous it can be to spend money on a professional AC repair service when they can do the job on their own with only a few bucks. It is even worse when you think your bar buddy can help you get it done. It is important that both of you consider that experienced Fort Worth, TX AC repair techs have years of specialized education under their belt. Not only that. After getting their degree, they have worked very hard to acquire the experience they need to get the job done right. And, if that’s not enough, they have also had to prove to the state of Texas, in their licensing exam, that they are capable of performing any AC repair work in the most professional way possible.
So, next time, you think you can do more than change the air filter on your air conditioner, you should take a few minutes to remember why hiring a professional AC repair service is your best bet. From simple maintenance to large-scale repairs and replacements, an experienced Fort Worth, TX AC repair service will always ensure that you end up saving money in more ways than one. So, keep reading to learn about all the benefits you can get from hiring a pro.
A Brief Explanation of Air Conditioner Maintenance
Your air conditioning unit is charged with keeping the temperature inside your home at a comfortably cool level, no matter how hot it can get outside. If only for this reason, you should always make sure your Fort Worth, TX air conditioner is working at its peak performance all the time. This can be achieved by having a professional repair specialist perform periodic maintenance on your home’s unit.
A scheduled maintenance program is targeted at diagnosing your entire air conditioning system in order to repair any immediate problems and prevent future issues from happening. This, in and of itself, can help you save money in costly repairs later on, because, simply put, preventative actions are always less expensive than major repairs.
Several actions are performed during each maintenance visit, including the changing of air filters, cleaning of fans, and much more. To get the exact details, don’t hesitate to ask your AC repair service of choice what their maintenance program entails. This, because all companies are different and it is possible that their maintenance programs could differ.
Aside from saving you from having to spend more money later on when your air conditioner breaks down completely, there are many other benefits to scheduling a solid maintenance program for your home’s air conditioning system. We will take a look at them next.
How Maintenance Can Benefit You
It is important to point out that even though people balk at the thought of hiring a professional AC repair service for any kind of air conditioner repairs, they do so even more at the thought of having a pro perform maintenance on their system. One possible reason for this is that they are only considering the money a maintenance program will cost them. Because nobody likes to spend money on things like that if there’s nothing really wrong with their air cooling system, right? Well, even though money may be an influencing factor in their decision, there are many benefits to maintenance that they should take into account before negating it completely. Let’s take a look at a few of them.
- Save Money on Your Power Bill – an air conditioner that is working at its top performance and is well maintained, will always be more energy efficient than one that isn’t. So, having a professional perform maintenance on your unit will ensure you save money on power because your system will require less energy to keep your home at a comfortable temperature.
- Lower Your Chances of Needing Major Repairs – An air conditioner that runs in extremely hot temperatures, such as those of a Texas summer, will have to work harder than one that doesn’t. This means that your unit will be placed under a lot of stress, which could lead to more serious wear of its components. When left unattended, this situation can result in a higher number of breakdowns, which can lead to frustration and even serious health problems for your family. Having your air conditioner tuned and serviced regularly can lower your chances of experiencing major breakdowns, which will then translate to less frustration, health issues, and even less money spent.
- Your Air Conditioner Will Live Longer – Nowadays, new air conditioners are designed to have a life span ranging from 15 to 20 years. Even if you have an older system, making sure it works efficiently and is well-maintained, can buy you a few extra years before you have to start thinking about buying a new one. Keep in mind that as air conditioners age, simple issues can turn into a major headache. Having a professional perform regular maintenance can ensure your air conditioner’s life span is extended by preventing any potential problems with any of its components. This will actually help buy you more time to find the perfect replacement and factor the expense into your budget.
- Your Air Conditioner Will Be Safer to Operate – By now, you probably understand how a faulty air conditioner can cost you a lot of money to fix, but did you know it can also put your family in danger? It’s true! Sadly, a malfunctioning air conditioning system can put your family’s health at risk. For example, if your system’s wiring is torn, or has been chewed by vermin, it can short circuit, leading to an electrical fire that will not only put your air conditioner at risk of total destruction, but also your entire home and your family. The same stands true for refrigerant leaks, and even clogged ducts. This is one of the most important reasons for scheduling a regular maintenance program with a reputable AC repair company.
Leaving the Hard Work to the Professionals
It is understandable that when you enjoy doing your own repairs at home you may want to try to save some money by fixing your air conditioner too. But you should always keep in mind that, without professional training, you could end up in serious trouble, which is why you should always leave AC repair in the hands of the pros. In addition, there are other reasons why it is best to let the pros do the job they’ve been trained for. Let’s take a look at some of them.
- You could void your warranty – If your air conditioner is still under warranty, be it because you purchased your system in the last few years, or because you’ve recently had it repaired by a professional, an attempt to repair it yourself may render your warranty null and void, and if the underlying issue is one that is serious enough to ruin your entire system permanently, you are definitely going to need that warranty to be valid. Almost all warranties are pretty strict about having anybody other than a professional repair the system, so, it’s best to call the pros for help instead of losing a valuable warranty you may need later on.
- You could affect your family’s health – Few people take into consideration the fact that an air conditioning system helps to improve the quality of the air you breathe inside your home. When you try to repair it yourself you may inadvertently end up making it worse. By hiring a professional AC repair service, you can be sure that your family’s health and well-being will not be compromised, and no amount of money saved can compensate for the health of the most precious part of your life.
- You could suffer serious injuries – Fixing an air conditioner is serious business, and you can be sure it is definitely not an easy thing to do. As a matter of fact, if you have no experience in AC repair, you can put yourself in the way of danger. In some cases, you could even be at risk for death due to electric shocks, sharp edges, and toxic gases. Leaving the job to the pros will ensure you are not in harm’s way, because you most certainly don’t need a pile of medical bills on top of an expensive repair that could be needed once you are done tinkering with your unit.
- You probably don’t have the necessary tools – Yes, we get it, the tool collection you’ve accumulated in your shed is quite impressive, and we commend you for that. But AC repair can require specialized tools and equipment which are too expensive to just keep stored in your garage. If you compare the cost of the tools vs hiring a professional, it’s not difficult to see the huge difference in cost that a pro can represent.
- Hiring a pro will save you valuable time – If anything, you should consider hiring a professional AC repair service in terms of the time it will save you. By the time you find the right video online, watch it a few times to figure out what you’re trying to do, and then get down to attempting to perform the job, you’ve already wasted hours you could have spent with your family or at work. This waste of time is compounded if you factor in the issue of not getting it right on the first try. Hiring a reputable AC repair company will ensure no time is wasted and cool air is flowing through your home as quickly as possible.
Your Fort Worth, TX home’s air conditioner is a valuable appliance that should always be repaired by a professional for many different reasons, and while it can cost some money to hire a great AC repair service, the benefits you will receive are definitely much more valuable than the cost of the repairs.
If you are in search of the best air conditioning repair company to help you get your system up and running once more, at One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Fort Worth, we are always happy to help. Whether your AC is giving you grief, or you would simply like us to run a diagnostic and maintenance program, just pick up the phone and give us a call today to schedule an appointment at a time in which it is most convenient for you.