Photo By mphillips007 at istock
Choosing a highly efficient filter such as UV filters and HEPA filters is important to eliminate the tiniest particles or contaminants in the air. These types of filters have a higher MERV rating, which means it’s effective at eliminating small particles that may find their way into the ductwork.
If you need more assistance in choosing the best high-efficient filters for your home, please don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our technicians in Fort Worth, TX. We can help you make an informed decision on what type of filters you should invest in for your home.
Regularly Replace the Filters
Whatever filters you buy for your HVAC system, please make sure that you regularly clean or replace them according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Dirty filters can affect the efficiency of your HVAC system — the next thing you know, your home already has excessive dust, and that won’t be good for you, especially for household members suffering from allergies or other respiratory issues. Failure to replace or clean the filters can also affect the ductwork. If you have questions or need assistance with changing the filters or air duct cleaning service, please contact one of our technicians at Fort Worth, TX.
Have the HVAC Serviced
HVAC maintenance is essential as it ensures your heating and cooling system is functioning properly. At the same time, it can also prevent costly air duct cleaning services for your home. However, please make sure that the technician also cleans the coils and the drain pans.
If you’re having some renovation in your home, it’s also crucial that you seal off the supply and the return registers before using your heating and cooling system to help prevent duct contamination.
Regularly Clean Your Home
Besides cleaning your filters and your HVAC system, please ensure that you regularly vacuum your home to remove dust that may contaminate the ductwork. As much as possible, use a high-efficiency vacuum cleaner for removing dust in your home. If your ductwork is already contaminated with dust, please contact one of our technicians for air duct cleaning service.
How to Prevent the Ductwork From Getting Get
If you’re planning to install new ductwork, please make sure that you only work with a licensed technician in Fort Worth, TX, to ensure proper installation of your ductwork. Moisture can enter the ducts when it’s improperly installed or when there are leaks. And remember, mold can grow when there’s moisture in the ductwork. You need to control this at the soonest possible time to avoid duct contamination and costly air duct cleaning service.
- If there’s water damage or leaks in the ductwork, contact a licensed technician in Fort Worth, TX, immediately so they can help you fix the leaks. Failure to promptly address the problem could lead to duct contamination and calling a technician for air duct cleaning service. To avoid other expenses, fix the leaks and make sure it’s permanently resolved.
- Ensure that the ducts in the attics and crawl spaces are properly insulated and sealed. Otherwise, moisture due to condensation may enter the system. It’s also important to properly insulate the heating and cooling system to prevent condensation. If your ductwork is already contaminated, please contact us for air duct cleaning service for your home.
- If you’re cleaning the coils and the condensate pans, please pay close attention to them, as they can be a major source of moisture contamination that may eventually lead to mold growth. Contact a technician when you’re having issues with it.
- When buying or replacing a new AC, please make sure that you purchase the correct size and seal the ductwork. Remember, a unit that’s too big may cycle on and off, and that will result in poor removal of moisture. Contact a licensed technician in Fort Worth, TX, if you need help deciding what size of air conditioner to purchase for your home. Contact us too if you need air duct cleaning service for your home.
How to Prepare for Air Duct Cleaning Service
If there are signs that your ductwork is contaminated with dust or rodents, contact us right away for an air duct cleaning service. Below are some tips to help you prepare for the appointment.
Do a walk-through with the professional technician
When the technician gets to your home, consider giving him a quick tour of your home or business office and point out the locations that will need to be cleaned. This way, you can avoid any issues with the technician or surprises when you finally pay the bill. Please contact One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating if you need air duct cleaning service for your home in Fort Worth, TX. Our technicians are licensed and highly experienced. If you haven’t inspected the ductwork thoroughly, we can help you point out some of the areas that will need to be cleaned. Don’t worry; we have superb attention to detail, and we know what we’re doing. Our goal is to ensure your ductwork is thoroughly clean and free of mold, dust, or rodents.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions
If you need to clarify anything about the air duct cleaning service, don’t hesitate to ask questions on how they go about cleaning your ductwork. You can also ask them what tools or materials they use and what to expect during the air duct cleaning service.
Set aside time for it
If you’re planning to stay during the air duct cleaning service, then you’ll need about a couple of hours. The service may take longer, depending on the amount of work needed to get the job done. Plan ahead so you don’t run out of time — if you trust the professional, you may need to just come back after cleaning.
Make sure you trust the HVAC company
Before getting an air duct cleaning service, ensure that you choose the right company for it. One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating has been in the industry for several years, and our technicians are licensed and highly skilled to clean your ductwork effectively. You can always rely on us and trust us, for we never cut corners when it comes to air duct cleaning service. Our technicians work incredibly hard to ensure all customers are delighted with our service.
What to Expect During Air Duct Cleaning Service
Here’s what you need to expect when you decide to have your ductwork cleaned. Below are the things that the provider may need to do when cleaning your ductwork. If you have questions or clarifications, please contact us at your earliest convenience.
- A professional would need to open all doors and ports for inspection and proper cleaning. Inspection is necessary to ensure no asbestos in the insulation or the register boots of your heating and cooling system. If there are asbestos materials, only a specially trained professional will remove them.
- They will protect household furnishings, decors, and carpets during the cleaning.
- Professionals will use a vacuum or high-efficient equipment to remove the particles in the ductwork. They will also use well-controlled surface brushing to remove particles and dust effectively.
- Licensed professionals will use soft-bristled brushes for cleaning and taking care of your ductwork, including sealing any leaks or holes. They can also help you re-insulate the ductwork if needed.
- They will follow NADCA standards for air duct cleaning service. If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Use these helpful guides to help you determine if the professional did an excellent job in cleaning the ductwork.
- Did the HVAC company clean the entire heating and cooling system, including the humidifiers, coils and drain pans?
- Check the heat exchanger and the cooling coil if they were cleaned correctly.
- Consider pointing a flashlight into the coils and see if the lights shine through the other side of the cooling coils. If it doesn’t, the professionals fail to clean the ductwork effectively.
- Check the drain pan if it’s completely drained and if the coil fins are straight.
- Check the blower blades and the compartments if they’re free from any dust or debris buildup.
- Are the filters and the ductwork surfaces free of any visible dirt or debris?
- Check the access doors, air vents, and if your heating or cooling system is functioning properly.
For further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us today.
Should You Have Your Air Ducts Cleaned?
If you haven’t cleaned your ductwork for several years, it may be time to get them cleaned. Watch out for the other signs below and contact us so we can properly and effectively clean your ductwork.
Ductwork Is Infested with Rodents or Insects
You need to contact us immediately if you suspect that the ductwork may be infested with rats, bugs or insects. Remember, they can bring diseases if you fail to address the problem. Please get ahold of a licensed technician asap and have the ductwork cleaned properly.
Ductwork Is Clogged With Debris and Dust
Remember that the buildup of dust or debris in your ductwork is released to your living spaces from the supply registers. If family members suffer from allergies or other respiratory issues, their symptoms may even worsen. Contact a technician immediately for assistance. Our team of experts are always ready to assist. Get in touch with us at your earliest convenience, and we’ll dispatch a technician immediately to help.
Mold can be a big problem because it can damage your home’s foundation. Call a professional if you suspect there might be mold in your heating and cooling systems. It’s crucial that you only hire qualified people because mold can come back when not properly addressed. Also, if the insulation gets wet, it needs to be cleaned, removed, and replaced.
Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning
Cleaner ductwork can reduce allergens and irritants that may lead to allergic reactions and other respiratory issues for your family members. It helps everyone breathe easier and feel comfortable. Also, it can significantly improve airflow and your home’s indoor air quality. However, please make sure that you only hire the right professionals for it. And that’s where we come in. Our technicians will ensure that your ductwork is properly inspected and cleaned.
Do you need an air duct cleaning service for your home in TX? Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us today! We are always ready to help, and our technicians are highly qualified. Contact us, and our team will ensure you’re completely delighted with our service.
In addition to air duct cleaning, we also provide heating and cooling services. We can help with any repairs, installations and maintenance. Get in touch with us today for an appointment.