Everything You Should Know About Duct Cleaning Service | Azle, TX
Air ducts are the unseen railroad system that runs through your Azle, TX home, providing conditioned air to rooms and extracting stale air. It is just as important to clean and maintain the air ducts as it is to clean and maintain your air system’s condenser and evaporator coils. Everything you need to know about our duct cleaning service, from its benefits to what the process entails, is covered in this article. Read on to learn more.
Is Air Duct Cleaning important?
The ducts in your Azle, TX home carry the conditioned air from the air conditioner to the various rooms in the house. As time passes, dirt, dust, and other debris will naturally accumulate in these ducts, potentially reducing the efficiency of your HVAC system. Because of the increased effort required, the system’s ability to heat and cool your home may suffer if it gets too unclean. Your utility bills will rise as a direct result of this. Hiring a duct cleaning service to clean your air ducts is the best way to prevent this.
Benefits of Cleaning Your Air Ducts
Many people wonder if it’s worth spending on professional duct cleaning in Azle, TX. The answer is yes, it is. Air ducts should be cleaned regularly to get the most out of your HVAC system. Here are some benefits of hiring a duct cleaning service to clean your air ducts.
Reduces Utility Bills
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, between 25 and 40 percent of the energy used to heat or cool a home is wasted. Once again, this is because of dust and other debris in your air conditioning system’s ductwork. When these ducts get grimy over time, they have to work harder than needed to heat and cool your home. When you hire a duct cleaning service, your HVAC system doesn’t have to work as hard, which means you save money on energy costs.
A Better Indoor Environment
According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA), your home’s HVAC system absorbs toxins produced by us, our pets, and everything around us and recirculates them numerous times every day. This results in the reintroduction of harmful pollutants into the air in your home. Though the air may not be particularly hazardous, it could pose certain health risks if inhaled repeatedly. Hiring a duct cleaning service to clean your air ducts is a great way to get rid of these impurities and breathe easier.
Extend the Lifespan of Your Air Conditioner
Irregular cleaning and poor maintenance schedules are the leading causes of HVAC failure. You can easily avoid spending tens of thousands of dollars on a brand-new system by instead spending money on keeping the one you have in good working order. Part of this includes hiring a duct cleaning service to clean your air ducts.
It Can Eliminate Bad Odors
One of the most common indicators that it’s time to hire a duct cleaning service to clean your air ducts is the presence of musty or unpleasant odors. Many smells wafting through your vents are likely harmless, but unpleasant odors often indicate more serious issues. The presence of foul odors also contributes to a less-than-desirable quality of life.
It’s worth inspecting your air ducts if you find strong or unpleasant smells in only a few rooms in your house. If you track down the cause of the unpleasant odor and find that air duct cleaning is required, a reliable duct cleaning service will restore indoor air quality.
Your ventilation system’s odor should dissipate after a thorough cleaning, and the longevity of your air conditioning system should improve as a result.
It Helps Eliminate Contaminants
Harmful germs may also be present in air ducts. Recirculating airborne toxins can be detrimental to the health of children, the elderly, and those with compromised immune systems. Allergic reactions and asthma episodes can be triggered by allergens such as pet dander, animal fur, mold spores, and pollen that find their way inside the home. To live in a healthier environment free of allergens, it is recommended that you hire a duct cleaning service in Azle, TX to clean your ducts regularly. When the air is cleaner, it’s easier to take a deep breath. Because of this, fewer people will be ill, cutting medical costs and improving quality of life.
What the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) Says About Duct Cleaning
The National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) creates guidelines for the duct cleaning industry. They suggest homeowners get their air ducts cleaned every three to five years. NADCA recommends servicing your HVAC system every two to three years if you live in a warm area and use your air conditioner frequently. However, you may need to hire a duct cleaning service more often in situations such as:
- Construction or manufacturing sites
- Homes with pets that shed a lot
- Spaces that had floods or fires
- Houses with smokers or people who have asthma
What Does the EPA Say About Duct Cleaning?
The EPA has not actively promoted regular duct cleaning. However, the EPA has suggested that you think about hiring a duct cleaning service in Azle, TX in the following situations:
- Your ducts have been infested with rodents and insects
- Because of the buildup of dust, allergies, and debris in the ducts, the supply registers are distributing the contaminated air throughout the house
- Your ducts and other HVAC system parts show clear signs of extensive mold growth
DIY vs. Professional Air Duct Cleaning
If your ducts are in good shape and you need to get rid of dust and debris, you can clean the area around the vents and filters. But this job is best left to a professional duct cleaning service as they have in-depth knowledge of air conditioners. Some of the risks involved with DIY duct cleaning include the following:
- Health: Opening your HVAC system might exacerbate health problems like asthma and allergies. This is because the filtered-out particles will be released back into the air as you clean. You should consider hiring an expert duct cleaning service to protect your health.
- Asbestos exposure: When was the building constructed? Buildings constructed before 1980 are more likely to have asbestos duct tape. Instead of risking your health by removing it yourself, leave it to the professionals.
- Damage risk: Cleaning HVAC ducts incorrectly can cause damage to your ventilation system, which in turn reduces energy efficiency. When cleaning ductwork, homeowners in Azle, TX, might do more harm than good if they don’t utilize the necessary tools.
While DIY duct cleaning can save money, the results are often subpar. If you want the ducts cleaned properly, you should hire a professional duct cleaning service. Expert duct cleaners have the tools and training to clean your ducts thoroughly. They will do a much better job than you could ever hope to. The experts also know where to search for air leaks in the ductwork and how to fix them. They are experts at identifying mold and eliminating it.
Signs You Need to Call Expert Duct Cleaners
Some of the signs you need to hire a professional duct cleaning service for your home include:
- The ducts in your home were not sealed properly during the installation process
- You have just moved into a new residence that is dusty or dirty
- You are remodeling or renovating your house
- You have a rodent infestation
- There is visible mold growth on parts of your air conditioning system
- You have asthma or allergies and notice that your symptoms worsen when the air conditioning is on.
- You’ve frequently changed the filters in your air conditioner, yet they’re still filthy and clogged.
- Your house was constructed before 1980, and the ducts have never been cleaned
- Someone in your home smokes cigarettes indoors.
- After the air conditioner runs, pet hair, dust, or debris can be seen around the registers or vents
- There is an unpleasant odor from the ducts
- There is poor airflow in the house
What Does Duct Cleaning Entail?
Each vent must be sealed to generate the negative air pressure needed to clean the ducts. Before your experts arrive, ensure they can easily access each vent by clearing the space around it. Since duct cleaning entails switching off your HVAC system, you might want to have fans or portable warmers ready to go depending on the weather.
When the technicians are finished hooking up truck-mounted vacuum lines to your air duct system, they will seal up each return to prevent any dust or debris from entering your home. After that, they’ll use air whip equipment alongside the powerful vacuum to loosen dirt inside the ducts and then direct it toward the outside of your home.
How long a professional duct cleaning will take depends on several factors, including the size of your property and the condition of your ducts. The process is usually short and easy, so it won’t interfere with your daily life too much. However, remember that high-powered cleaning equipment will inevitably make some noise, so schedule your day accordingly.
Is Duct Cleaning a Scam?
When ducts are not cleaned properly, issues can arise. If you hire someone who offers a $50 “whole house bargain” or who bases their sales pitch on broad, nonspecific claims about the health benefits of duct cleaning, chances are high that the job won’t get done well. Some may even claim that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has certified them or that the EPA encourages duct cleaning, both of which are completely false.
Keep an eye out for “blow-and-go” salespeople pretending to be contractors and using mail-pack coupons. They are frequently accompanied by an offer to examine or clean your home’s ducts for a very low price, such as $49.95 or even less. Because they are paid on commission, they will use aggressive tactics to convince you to purchase unnecessary and costly extras (mold tests, etc.). There’s a chance they’ll try to bill you for services like duct cleaning, duct repair, and maintenance, etc. Some people could even try to pull the wool over your eyes by saying they discovered mold in your ducts when they didn’t.
A low price can be enticing, but consider the math before succumbing to temptation. It’s better to hire a professional duct cleaning service to have peace of mind knowing that the job will be done correctly.
Preventing Duct Contamination
Whether or not you hire a professional duct cleaning service, preventative maintenance is the best way to keep contaminants at bay.
Take the following steps to prevent contamination of your ducts.
- Change the air filters constantly
- If you want your HVAC system to perform at its best, use the air filter recommended by the manufacturer
- It’s important to check that all filters are present and that air cannot flow around the filter holder
- When you have your HVAC system serviced or checked, ask the technicians to clean the drain pans and cooling coils
- If dust is generated in your home during construction or renovation, you should close off the return and supply registers and turn off the HVAC system until you clean off the dust
- Take care to keep your home dust-free by giving it regular vacuuming. If you can’t afford a high-efficiency vacuum (HEPA) cleaner, make sure you use the best filter bags your vacuum can handle.
- Air ducts should be dry and moisture-free, so have a professional duct cleaning service inspect them. When air ducts become damp, they provide the perfect environment for mold and bacteria growth.
- Air ducts must be installed correctly. Problems will arise as a result of shoddy installation and maintenance. It is important to ensure that the system is properly sized for the room and that all joints are properly sealed.
- Fix water damage and leaks immediately
- All ducts not in air-conditioned areas (e.g., attics and crawl spaces) should be adequately sealed and insulated. This is crucial for the system to function as designed, as it will help to prevent condensation-related moisture from entering the system. Proper insulation of the HVAC system is essential for avoiding water condensation.
Contact One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Fort Worth
A clean air duct system contributes to a healthy and sanitary indoor environment. Illnesses are more likely to develop if the air you breathe is polluted with bacteria, dead skin cells, pet dander, and other allergens. You and your loved ones can all benefit from cleaner air. Hiring an air duct cleaning service like One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Fort Worth can ensure that the air you breathe is clean and healthy. Request an appointment online or call us at 817-283-6911 for duct cleaning in Azle, TX.