Perhaps your heating and air conditioning unit is giving you trouble. Are you looking for services for heating and air conditioning repair in Frisco, TX?
There are ways you could avoid repair or lessen it. These ways include looking out for your heating and air conditioning unit:
- Understand how the system works
- Keep it clean
- Avoid using the coldest temperature
- Fix fins
- Replace the filter
- Check the insulation
- Clean the coils
- Clean the outside of the air compressor
- Clean the vents
- Deep clean with a brush
- Prevent blockage of vents
- Clean the drains
- Find air leaks in your house
- Get your unit checked by a professional from time to time.
It might be difficult to decide when to call for repairs. Here are some signs that your heating and air conditioning unit needs repair:
- Air Conditioner Turning On and Off Frequently
If your air conditioner turns on and off on its own and frequently then the compressor or fan controls could wear out. You should get the electrical connections checked in this case.
- Sensor Problems
Air conditioners often feature a thermostat sensor which is behind the control panel. If this sensor is knocked out then your air conditioner could behave abnormally. This would mean adjusting the position of the sensor. You could call the professionals for heating and air conditioning repair in Frisco, TX if you find it hard to do yourself.
- The Squeaky Wheel
If your unit starts makes strange noises like squeaks or grating, then your search for heating and air conditioning repair in Frisco, TX is warranted. If you avoid dealing with this problem for too long, you risk increasing the problem and probably increasing the cost of repair.
- Hot Air
Your air conditioner is supposed to keep you cool but if it is blowing out warm air then that defeats the purpose entirely. It is also a sign your unit needs service; might be a blown fuse or a bad capacitor but get it fixed as soon as possible.
- Drainage Problems
This could mean that the drain is clogged or not draining properly for some other reason. If the air conditioner is not mounted to the right level, it might not drain properly.
- Strange Smells
If your system starts smelling then apart from being irritating, it’s a cause for concern. Odors indicate a need for maintenance and perhaps bacteria growth. It could also be a sign of mold in the ductwork. Either way, contact service for heating and air conditioning repair in Frisco, TX as soon as possible.
- Compromised Airflow
This could be due to a filter or duct problem but if your air conditioning unit is giving poor air flow, it’s time to get it repaired.
- Moisture in the Air
If you notice leakage from your unit, there are two things to consider – either a drain tube is broken or blocked or it could be a serious issue like a refrigerant leak. Either way, get your service for heating and air conditioning repair in Frisco, TX and fix the problem in a timely manner.
- Using too Much Energy
If your unit is taking too much energy it means there is something wrong with it. A broken thermostat or an aging system could be to blame so get it repaired as soon as you can.
- The Age of Your Air Conditioning Unit
Air conditioners typically last between 10-15 years and if you are lucky then 20 years. If your air conditioner is nearing that age then it’s probably time to get it repaired. You will probably need to replace it but major repairs could save it for a few more years.
What Repairs Entail
It might be tempting to do your own repair but we recommend calling a professional for heating and air conditioning repair in Frisco, TX. This way you will save time and get the work done properly. Here are a few things you should ensure your repair man does:
- Before beginning work, unplug your air conditioner.
- Before you start repairing, check to make sure if the furnace is clean, test the fuses to see if you have a blown fuse and inspect the inside of the access panel for broken parts.
- Test the switches
- Examine your thermostat
- Examine your ducts
- Check your breaker
- Change your filter
- Inspect electric terminals, tighten and clean connections, and apply a non-conductive coating if required
- Check your capacitor and if needed, install a new capacitor
- Measure evaporator coil’s airflow
- Oil the motors and check belts for wear and tightness
- Replace your AC contactor if necessary
- Melt the ice
- Reassemble the unit
- Test your repairs to see if the work is done properly
How to Decide on a Service for Heating and Air Conditioning Repair in Frisco, TX
These are a few things you should consider when deciding on a service for heating and air conditioning repair in Frisco, TX:
- Home Evaluation
- Friendly and Professional
- Customer Service
One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating is your go-to company for heating and air conditioning repair in Frisco, TX. It gives the best services to its customers by focusing the on quality of our staff, products and work. Our repair services include:
- 24/7 emergency AC repairs
- NATE certified technicians
- Factory-authorized Dealer
- Repair of all makes and models of heating and air conditioning equipment
- Preventive maintenance and tune-ups
- Well-stocked trucks with factory-authorized parts
- Home performance evaluations to assess energy efficiency
- Service throughout Tarrant County
- Commercial and residential HVAC repair and service
- Seasonal specials on repairs, financing and new installation
- Licensed, insured and bonded
We provide quality services 6 days a week to our customers throughout the tri-county. All your heating and air conditioning solutions are one call away. We have years of experience, having been in the industry since 1988. We provide comprehensive services, emergency repairs and work to the best of our potential to guarantee satisfaction.