Photo By Brainsil at istock
You’ve probably heard that some HVAC issues require emergency heating and AC repair services. However, the truth of the matter is that many homeowners really don’t know when they should call for emergency services and when they shouldn’t. They don’t really even know what an emergency heating and AC repair service is able to offer.
In this article, we’ll take a brief glimpse at what it means to call for an emergency heating and C repair service in Fort Worth, TX. If you have any further questions and concerns, feel free to contact us for more information. One of our HVAC technicians will get back to you right away!
When Are Emergency Repair Services Needed?
It can often be difficult to gauge whether you are dealing with an issue that’s severe enough to be considered as an emergency. Many homeowners don’t know when they should call an emergency heating and AC repair service and when they should wait it out until a better time. Here are some examples of issues that require emergency heating and AC repair service in Fort Worth, TX:
- When the unit fails completely. If you live in Fort Worth, TX, then you already know how hot summers can get or how cold winters can get. If your HVAC unit fails completely during a time when it is needed the most, then you absolutely should call for emergency heating and AC repair services. For example, if your AC fails during the middle of summer when it’s really hot outside, you need help immediately. If you don’t, you run the risk of getting a heat stroke. It’s even more important to call an emergency heating and AC repair service if you have young children, pets, or elderly family members at home. These individuals are most susceptible to extreme temperatures.
- When there are safety concerns. Any type of leak is considered to be a safety concern. If there is a refrigerant leak with your AC system or if there’s a gas leak with the heating unit, call emergency heating and AC repair services immediately. You should definitely not wait around to see what will happen next. In fact, in the event of a gas leak, you should evacuate everyone from the home and also contact the gas company.
If you’re in a situation where you are unsure whether you need emergency heating and AC repair services or not, you can always contact a Fort Worth, TX HVAC company and ask. Most technicians will let you know whether you need them to get to you right away or whether you can wait.
While you should call for emergency heating and AC repair services when the unit fails completely, you can wait if the unit has failed at a time when you don’t need it. For example, let’s say that you turned on your AC unit during the fall just to see whether it works or not, and it doesn’t even turn on. This doesn’t really constitute an emergency. You can probably wait until the HVAC technician is free.
What’s Not an Emergency
In comparison, let’s look at some situations where you do not need to call for an emergency heating and AC repair service:
- Filter changes and cleaning. Although you should get the filters changed at least once a year, the act of changing the filter is not an emergency unless it is impacting the unit in a very negative way. You can usually schedule a quick filter change with the HVAC company at a time when they are available.
- Regular services and maintenance. Most HVAC technicians and companies recommend getting your HVAC systems serviced and maintained annually. You should get the AC systems serviced during early spring before you need to use them, you should get the heating system serviced in late fall. With that said, it is not an emergency nor is it urgent.
If you’re not dealing with an emergency, then you really do not need to call for emergency heating and AC repair services. This is because these services often have an additional charge to them since the HVAC technician will need to drop everything that they’re doing to get to you right away.
How to Figure Out Who to Call
If you’re only looking for an emergency heating and AC repair service in Fort Worth, TX when the issue arises, then it’s already too late. Because you’re dealing with an emergency, you’re more likely to be flustered and less likely to do your due diligence and find an emergency heating and AC repair service that is known for its high quality of work.
The best thing that you can do is to look for an emergency heating and AC repair service in Fort Worth, TX ahead of time. This gives you enough time to really research the company and what other people think of them. For example, you’ll be able to spend a lot of time looking through reviews and seeing whether other people have any complaints. You might even want to call the company to talk to them about their pricing structure ahead of time.
Once you’ve narrowed down your choices to one or two companies, write the number down on a piece of paper and stick it to your fridge. Whenever you’re faced with an HVAC emergency, you can quickly refer back to this note.
Tips on How to Find a Good Company
Finding a good company can be a lot more difficult than it looks. For one, every company basically advertises that they have the ability to do the same thing, and that is fixing your HVAC system quickly and cheaply. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean that they will be able to provide the same quality of work or craftsmanship. Here are some tips on how you can find a good company.
- Look at online reviews. It’s easy to get frustrated when you’re dealing with an emergency situation. You might be tempted to call the first number that you see. However, that’s not a good idea. You should always take a look at the reviews to see what other people have said about the company. Look at not only Google reviews, but also reviews on other sites. In particular, you might want to look to see if there are any complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Ask around. Word of mouth is one of the best forms of advertisements, and some of the best companies might not advertise at all because they get so much traffic and customers from word of mouth. If you are interested in looking for a good company, you should start by asking your neighbors, your family and friends who live in the area about who they call whenever they’re dealing with an HVAC emergency. They might be able to provide you with a first-hand account.
- Ask about their guarantees. A good company will be more than confident and guarantee their work. If anything is to happen sometime after they have completed their repairs, these companies will be more than happy to send out another technician to take a look at the problem. If the subsequent problem stems from their previous repair work, they’ll fix it for free!
- Check that they are licensed and insured. Another thing that you should do is check to make sure that the technicians are all licensed and insured. If they are licensed, they will at the very least know what the standards are. Insurance is just as important, as it takes the liability away from you and places it on them.
There are so many other tips and tricks that you can implement. For example, you might want to ask the HVAC company for references from those that they have already provided emergency heating and AC repair services to. This way, you’ll get a good idea as to whether the HVAC technicians were really able to arrive within a short period of time and whether they were able to solve the problem quickly.
What’s the Pricing Like?
It shouldn’t be a surprise that emergency heating and AC repair services are generally more expensive than standard repairs and services. After all, the HVAC technicians have to drop everything that they’re doing to get to you. For example, if you notice a gas leak at 3 in the morning, the HVAC technician will have to wake up at that time and speed to you. It can be very taxing on them as well.
When you are dealing with an HVAC emergency, you might not necessarily ask about the pricing at that time. That’s because you need to get someone to you right away. Due to this reason, it’s always a good idea to compare prices early on. Ask the HVAC company what they charge and how they set up the payments for emergency heating and AC repair services.
You should ask about how the bill will be broken down. You should also ask about whether the HVAC company will charge you any fees for traveling or for odd hours. For example, some HVAC companies will be more willing to charge you a lower rate if you call them during regular business hours. However, if you need emergency services at odd hours of the day, they will charge you an added fee per hour. Some other companies may even charge you a minimum just for the emergency service. For example, they might charge you a three-hour minimum regardless of how much work they have done. Even if they are able to solve the problem in 20 minutes, you will still need to pay for 3 hours.
Benefits of Getting Several Quotes
As with all things, it’s always a good idea to get several quotes for emergency heating and AC repair services from different companies. This will give you a better idea of how each company breaks down their cost. I’ll also help you determine which company is able to offer you a better deal as well.
One of the main reasons why you should get several quotes is because you definitely want to know if a company is charging you extra because you live in a sir neighborhood. By taking a look at the quote in some more detail, you also learn a lot more about the HVAC service that you’ll be getting.
Keep in mind that you won’t be able to get an accurate quote for a certain type of repair service since you’re talking about emergencies. You won’t know exactly what type of emergencies might come up. Instead, your quote will just give you a basic idea of how much the emergency portion of the bill will cost. The cost of the repairs will fluctuate depending on the severity of the damage and the type of parts that may be needed. You really won’t know until the day that you need to call an HVAC company for emergency services.
We’re Available 24/7!
It’s important to find a reputable HVAC company to provide you with the emergency heating and AC repair services that you need. Emergency HVAC problems are quite a big headache to deal with. You definitely want to find a company that is experienced in dealing with the type of HVAC systems that you have installed in your home and is able to quickly offer you the real solutions. Experience is key.
One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Fort Worth has served Tarrant County since 1988, so you can rest assured that our technicians have dealt with just about every type of heating and AC system that is out there. We’ve also been able to solve just about every type of heating and AC problem that you ever encounter. Because of our experience, we are able to quickly diagnose the problem and provide you with several solutions to choose from.
For more information, give us a call at 817-283-6911. Our technicians are available all hours of the day, and 365 days a year! They’ll be able to drop everything that they’re doing to help you out!