Photo By I AM NIKOM at Shutterstock
The city of Fort Worth, TX can get really hot in mid-summer. This holds particularly true because of the ever-increasing temperatures due to global warming. Thanks to the greenhouse effect, it is almost impossible to endure a sizzling heatwave without an AC. This is why almost everyone in Texas has an air conditioner installed in their home and workplace.
However, these ACs can break down. And if such an unfortunate event happens during a really hot and sweltering day, then “Houston, we have a problem.”
The important thing is that you should not panic but try and see exactly what has gone wrong and why. Sometimes, it’s a really small thing that can be easily fixed without calling in the experts at heating and ac repair in Fort Worth, TX. It is only after you have eliminated all the probable causes successfully that you should ask the professionals to take a look.
There are a few ‘troubleshooting’ pointers that can help you to save yourself from embarrassment as well as the waste of the funds and effort, by needlessly calling in the pros at heating and ac repair in Fort Worth, TX.
AC Troubleshooting Points
- You must check and see if the AC’s remote control unit is working or not. If you feel that there is something wrong with it, you should open the back cover and check the polarity of the batteries. Sometimes’ it is better to replace the old ones even if the unit has not been used much. After replacing the batteries with brand new ones you should aim the remote control directly at the receiver on the AC.
- You should check and see if your AC’s fan is working or not. Sometimes, excessive build-up of dirt and grime become so heavy, that the unit’s motor fails to cope with all of that extra load. As a result, the blower’s fan becomes non-functional. In this case, you can clean it up with a soft cloth on your own to get it to start working again. However, for deep cleaning, you should call in the professionals at heating and AC repair in Fort Worth, TX.
- You should always check all the power lines and main outlets to see if the power supply is available. In case you spy any exposed wires, it is very important to make sure that you keep your distance. In fact, you should simply disconnect the unit from the pain fuse box and wait for the professionals responsible for heating and AC repair in Fort Worth, TX to take a look.
- If the appliance is switched off, try to switch it back on again to check if the unit energizes
- Open the internal unit of the slip ac and check the dust cover. The filters are present there. If you think that the filters of your AC unit are completely clogged, then you should clean and replace them.
However, if these basic troubleshooting tips don’t work then it will be a good idea to call in the experts at heating and AC repair in Fort Worth, TX. The real pros will be able to quickly figure out the real issue that has led to the malfunction.
Check the Cooling Gas
As a general rule, the most common issue in such cases is the slow leakage of refrigerant gas from the AC unit. In this case, the only possible course of action is to find the errant leak and plug it by welding the metal shut. But this can be done only after all the stale gas has been expelled and the whole unit purged.
Once the people responsible for heating and AC repair in Fort Worth, TX are completely satisfied that the leakage has been stopped, they will insert fresh gas into the unit.
It Is Important to Check the Ducts
Apart from gas leakage, there is an oft-ignored issue. Should the ducts running in your home be damaged in any way, then it is imperative that you take the help of highly qualified experts in heating and AC repair in Fort Worth, TX.
Unfortunately, such highly important ducting issues are sometimes ignored even by true blue professionals who are really good at heating and AC repair in Fort Worth, TX. If the ducts are misaligned or if they are clogged with grime it can lead to low-pressure issues and your HVAC system will not be able to maintain the temperature properly. All the cold air will end up getting be ‘lost in transit.’
With the passage of time, the ducts may tear along corners and joints and this will allow the cold air to escape into the atmosphere. However, the people responsible for heating and AC repair in Fort Worth, TX will be able to easily fix this problem.
They will either service the ducting system or if required completely change it. While the latter is a more expensive option, but it may be necessary if there are too many leakages in the ducts. Replacing old and worn-out ducts will also enable you to take care of your excessive power bills as well.
You can find plenty of relevant information regarding troubleshooting tips and leakage related issues on the One Hour Heating and Air website. These top-notch professionals are acknowledged to be one of the most experienced outfits for heating and AC repair in Fort Worth, TX. You can call them with complete confidence regarding any HVAC or AC service and repair related issues in the Fort Worth, TX area.