The polluted air inside home or office refers to low IAQ which is the reason for many acute and chronic respiratory related diseases. An efficient HVAC system can not only maintain IAQ, it further enhances the quality of indoor air.
The air conditioning services in Fort Worth, TX offer a wide range of options which include installation of different appliances and devices that are capable of giving your indoor enclosures a high IAQ index.
Which HVAC service is for you?
You might be thinking of installing an HVAC system in your house or any other place but you are confused which system you should go for. Well, the air conditioning services in Fort Worth, TX recommend having an air quality test. In this process, expert HVAC technicians analyze the different pollutants that are present in the air and then keeping that in mind they evaluate their conclusion.
Once the test has been completed, the technicians will recommend you the best option that you should opt. The air conditioning services in Fort Worth, TX also provide these systems and will further successfully install them at your place.
What are the different HVAC services for enhancing IAQ?
Following are the different HVAC options that the air conditioning services in Fort Worth, TX provide for superior indoor air quality:
1. Installation of air purifier
An air purifier or air cleaner is a device which removes allergens and other pollutants from an enclosed space. These devices are useful for the people suffering from asthma and different allergies. Moreover, air purifiers are also capable of removing tobacco smoke from the air. They come with an option of getting installed with other HVAC units that are already present.
Different types of air purifiers
- There are mainly two types of technologies that these devices are equipped with, that is the active air purifier and passive air purifier.
- The active air purifier removes the impurities from the air with the help of ionization. These purifiers release negatively charged ions into the indoor environment that attach the allergens and the dust particles to the earthed conductor such as walls and ceilings. This technology has a drawback as well; it releases ozone as the by-product which can be harmful if exhaled on a regular basis.
- The passive air purifier is a more popular technology that is also recommended by the air conditioning services in Fort Worth, TX. The reason for its popularity is that this device uses air filters to remove pollutants. This is a more efficient method, as all the particles are removed permanently from the environment. A passive air purifier comes with a fan that passes the air through different layers of filters which can remove up to 99.9% of indoor pollutants. The technology is also equipped with an activated carbon filter that captures unpleasant and harmful gases from the surrounding. The passive air purifiers are safer than their active counterparts.
2. Installation of humidifiers
A humidifier is an HVAC device that increases the humidity of an enclosed environment. These devices can also be integrated with the existing HVAC system of the house or any other place.
Different types of humidifiers
- As per the air conditioning services in Fort Worth, TX, there are two types of humidifiers: industrial humidifiers and portable humidifiers.
- The industrial humidifiers are comparatively larger and are used in industries to regulate a healthy humidity level for the comfort of the workers and to prevent static electricity buildup. The industrial humidifier is also capable of preserving material properties. These humidifiers are used by paper manufacturers to prevent shrinkage and curling of the paper. Moreover, the use of an industrial humidifier in cold storage rooms prevents the dryness of food caused by extremely low temperatures.
- The portable humidifiers are smaller and are generally used in households. The size may range from a small sizes appliance to a large floor fitted unit. There are various types of portable humidifiers that are available in the market:
This is the most common type of portable humidifier which consists of a reservoir, wick and fan. The wick is made of porous material that absorbs water from the reservoir and provides a large surface area for water evaporation. The fan is adjacent to the wick and blows the evaporated water into the indoor space.
A vaporizer boils water, releasing the stream into the air. It is not an effective device as it consumes a large amount of energy.
Cool mist vaporizer
A cool mist vaporizer evaporates water by breaking water droplets with the help of a rotating disc which flings the water into a diffuser. This system should be cleaned regularly or it can spread waterborne bacteria.
3. Installation of dehumidifiers
The air conditioning services in Fort Worth, TX recommend the installation of dehumidifiers in the indoors which have high humidity levels. This is also helpful n preventing the growth of many parasites and molds.
Types of dehumidifiers
- There are mainly two types of dehumidifiers: refrigerant dehumidifier and desiccant dehumidifier.
- The refrigerant dehumidifiers work by condensing moisture out of the air. Air from the indoor environment is sucked by the device and passed over a cold evaporator coil which cools the air below its dew-point temperature.
- The desiccant dehumidifiers are equipped with a rotor which contains moisture absorbent desiccant material. When the air passes through the rotor the humidity in the air is absorbed, hence, lowering the humidity levels.
4. Installation of a ventilation system
The air conditioning services in Fort Worth, TX recommend that every building should be equipped with the mechanical ventilation system. Ventilation is the process of bringing of outdoor air into the building and purging it out once it has circulated inside.
Mechanical ventilation is the use of HVAC system to ventilate the buildings. Most residential and commercials buildings use mechanical ventilation which is more controllable and responsive as compared to the natural ventilation in providing enhanced IAQ index.
Well, in order to avoid the harms of poor indoor air quality it is essential to get a proper HVAC system installed at your place according to your needs by an expert air conditioning services in Fort Worth, TX.