What Happens During A Heating And AC Repair Visit? | North Richland Hills, TX
Whether your HVAC unit has broken down or only requires a good tune-up, you are probably wondering what happens during a heating and AC repair visit in North Richland Hills, TX, especially if it’s your first time. In this article, we will help you become familiar with the process and how to make things easier on yourself and your busy schedule. So, without further ado, let’s get started with a few simple facts that you need to know.
Most Important Reasons for Calling a Tech
There are two main reasons why you would be required to call a heating and AC repair technician in North Richland Hills, TX. The first is maintenance, and the second is an actual repair. Let’s see what each one of these situations entails.
When your North Richland Hills, TX heating and AC repair technician is called in to provide maintenance to your HVAC system, a couple of important things will happen. The most important part of maintenance is that you should always be aware of how necessary it is to avoid suffering any major HVAC breakdowns, especially during a major heat wave or winter storm.
Maintenance programs are designed to inspect and verify whether your HVAC system is working at its most efficient level, or certain changes and minor repairs must be made in order to bring it up to par before you have to pay for costly repairs. Here are a few of the actions performed by your heating and AC repair technician during a maintenance visit:
- Your system’s thermostat will be checked and calibrated for proper operation.
- Your system’s air filter will be either cleaned or replaced, depending on whether it is completely clogged or not.
- The furnace filter will also be inspected and cleaned or replaced as necessary.
- The external parts of your HVAC system will be closely inspected for signs of wear and tear. If necessary, repairs will be performed.
- Once these components have been revised and any defects corrected, your heating and AC repair technician will move on to the interior components, starting with the furnace.
- The system’s motors will be inspected to ensure they are operating properly. This includes checking their voltage, amperage, and electrical connections.
- The ignition system of your furnace will be inspected and cleaned. If it is too worn or prone to near future break downs, it will be replaced.
- The power consumption of your furnace will be measured to verify it is working as efficiently as it should.
- The furnace will be turned on to verify all of its components are working properly, and anything that requires cleaning or replacement will be addressed.
- Once the work on the furnace has been finished, your North Richland Hills, TX heating and AC repair technician will move to your air conditioner, starting with the inspection of the condenser coil, and the cleaning of this component if necessary, removing any debris that could affect its proper operation.
- Your tech will then visually inspect other internal components of your air conditioner for any signs of wear that could cause a potential malfunction, repairing and cleaning as necessary.
- After all internal components of your air conditioner have been inspected and cleaned or repaired, your heating and AC repair tech will move onto the electrical assembly of your HVAC system.
- All the wiring and connections will be inspected in search of worn or torn wires, which will be repaired or replaced, if necessary.
- Your disconnect system will be inspected to ensure it has an adequate rating and it has been correctly installed.
- All the safety devices connected to your HVAC system will be inspected to ensure they are working properly.
- Your repair technician will then proceed to inspect your air conditioner’s fan blades in search for cracks, dents, and other signs of wear, removing any debris that could impede their proper operation, and making any necessary repairs.
- Your technician will then verify the refrigerant level is correct and make any necessary adjustments.
- Once all of the previous actions have been performed, your heating and AC repair technician will make your air conditioner operate for a while to ensure the air pressure is at the correct level and it is cooling efficiently.
- If any other tasks are required, they will be performed at this time.
When your heating and AC repair technician performs a maintenance visit, you should set aside anywhere from 2 to 4 hours for it to be completed, depending on whether this is the first time your HVAC system gets a tune-up or you have had the procedure done previously. Maintenance helps extend the lifespan of your HVAC system and keeps it working efficiently and effectively throughout the year. In order for you to get the most out of your system, it is recommended that you schedule a maintenance visit with the heating and AC repair company of your choice at least once a year, but preferably two times annually, during the early spring and fall to ensure both of its components are ready for the hottest and coldest days of the year.
When you don’t schedule a regular HVAC maintenance program for your home, your system could break down when you least expect it to. This is a stressful situation that can be easily avoided but is much worse when you are living through a fierce heat wave or a frigid winter storm. After all, your family’s comfort and well-being are the most important things to you, and having to sit in a sweltering or freezing home is definitely not something that is going to make anybody happy.
When your HVAC system breaks down and you call the heating and AC repair technician for help, you should probably be aware that solving the problem may take longer than a simple maintenance visit, so make sure you schedule at a time you have full availability and set aside the entire day for you to be present when the tech arrives.
Once your North Richland Hills, TX heating and AC repair technician arrives at your home, you will be asked a few questions about what happened immediately before your HVAC system stopped operating. Did it make any strange noises? Did you sense any specific odors? Your answers will help with the diagnosis and correction of the problem.
With the help of your answers, the technician will proceed to inspect the components that might be having the problem, moving down the line until a proper diagnosis can be made. With this, the technician will give you an explanation of the issue and will quote a price for any replacement parts and labor that are needed. The tech will also answer any questions you may have. In some cases, the damage may be irreparable and you will require the complete replacement of all or part of your HVAC system, in which case the tech will also talk to you about any options that may be available to you. Once this has been settled, your heating and AC repair tech will proceed to perform all necessary repairs, turning the system on to verify everything is in good working order.
Do You Know When You Need HVAC Help?
As it happens with most other appliances, your HVAC system will always let you know when there is trouble brewing. With this in mind, here are a few important signs you should look for when trying to determine whether you should call a heating and AC repair technician for help.
Your system stops working completely – This is a common scenario, the heat outside is unbearable and you are looking forward to getting home and sitting in your wonderfully air conditioned living room to cool off for a while. You open the door and while it does feel somewhat cool, after a few minutes you start sweating again. You listen for the usual hum of your air conditioner and are greeted only by absolute silence. Your system has stopped working and nothing you do can get it to start cooling again. It is at this moment that you should call a reputable heating and AC repair company for help.
Your HVAC system is making strange noises – If your air conditioner or furnace start making strange noises, such as loud banging, knocking, crackling, hissing or something else that is not normal, you should call a heating and AC repair technician immediately. Turn off your system to protect it from a disastrous breakdown and wait for help to arrive.
Your system trips the circuit breaker each time it turns on – This situation can point to a variety of electrical issues related to your system’s wiring and installation, so turn off your unit and call a professional heating and AC repair technician for help.
Something doesn’t smell right – Your nose is always a good indicator that something might be going on with your HVAC unit. Because of the way these systems are designed, the air coming from the vents should always smell fresh and clean. If you smell something burning, or perceive the scent of rotten eggs, something is definitely going on and you will need the help of a professional to get it fixed. Additionally, if the fire in your furnace is burning yellow, instead of the normal blue, it could point to a carbon monoxide leak, which should be considered an emergency, so turn off your home’s gas line, and then call the experts for the help you require.
Your electric bill keeps getting higher and higher – When you notice a sudden increase in your North Richland Hills, TX home’s power bill, you should have a professional heating and AC repair technician take a look at your system to determine whether it’s at fault for the additional charges.
Your home’s HVAC system is downright old – HVAC systems don’t really age well without any preventative maintenance. If your system is old and you can’t remember the last time it was tuned, if at all, you should call an HVAC repair technician to take a look at it before you find yourself in deeper trouble. While the tech might recommend a replacement, a tune up will buy you some time to plan and prepare for the purchase of a new unit. So don’t put it off until the system decides to call it quits.
Whenever your home’s HVAC system starts acting strange, even if it’s only a gut feeling and nothing you can really point out, you should always call a professional for inspection and any necessary repairs. This will help you save money in the long run because an expert can detect and repair any potential problems before they show themselves and damage your system or your property. Leaving minor HVAC problems to fester will only result in larger, more complicated, and much more expensive repairs, and in some cases the need for the immediate replacement of your system. HVAC systems are expensive pieces of equipment and require a substantial investment, so providing proper maintenance and getting your system repaired before a catastrophic malfunction, can help you plan and prepare for it adequately, giving you time to shop around for a new, more modern system. Your HVAC repair technician is always a good source of information, so don’t hesitate to ask any questions you may have.
Are You Looking for the Best Service?
When your HVAC system starts acting up and you are in need of help from the best professional heating and AC repair experts in the North Richland Hills, TX area, look no further than One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Fort Worth. With 30 years of experience in the industry, you can be sure that we will get your HVAC system up and running correctly and efficiently in no time at all. So whether you just need a tune up or your system needs diagnostic and repair services, don’t hesitate any longer and give us a call today!