The summer has almost dawned upon us, and from the way things are looking, it will most definitely be a very hot summer here in Azle, TX. Now preparing your home air conditioning system for this summer can be a challenge if you don’t know what to do. Consulting quality and reliable air conditioning services in Azle, TX can help you reduce your worries, as they can guide you in optimizing your air conditioning system.
Just follow the few essential tips below to ensure that your house is summer-ready, and the air conditioner is all to set to cool you and your family so you can sit back and relax.
Your Air Conditioner Needs Tuning and Maintenance at Least Once a Year
You will feel the difference right away after you have had your air conditioner tuned and serviced by the professional air conditioning services in Azle, TX. You see the air conditioners are machines that need to be maintained for them to function optimally. Not only will they work better, the air conditioners last longer and don’t break so easily, when they are given proper care and maintenance.
The air conditioners should be serviced by trained and skilled air conditioning services in Azle, TX, at least once every year. However, if you feel the need, and depending on the usage, you can have your air conditioner serviced more frequently.
Now, if you are thinking that getting the service done is extra burden. You believe that you are fine with the way your AC is working and you keep avoiding the service. Let us tell you that not getting the service done is costing you more.
How exactly? Well, because poorly serviced air conditioners or those that haven’t been serviced for a long time consume a lot more electricity. And most definitely, the extra you pay in your bills is a lot more than what you will be paying for the services.
Another reason for you to call the air conditioning service in Azle, TX is that ill-maintained air conditioners do not filter the air well and may cause respiratory issues. While on the other hand air conditioners that have been regularly serviced by a skilful professional will protect you and your family from the harsh outside air.
Make Sure There Is No Refrigerant Leak
Sometimes you notice that the air conditioner is not working to its fullest potential and even though the air conditioner has been on for quite some time. The most common cause of this issue is that unfortunately your AC has its refrigerants leaked. The expert air conditioning services in Azle, TX will fix the issue in no time. Make sure that your air conditioner is cooling just fine before the summers arrive so that you don’t have to worry about the air condition not working when you need it the most.
What to Expect When You Have Your Air Conditioner Serviced
When you call the air conditioning services in Azle, TX you can expect an hour to two hour session for regular air con services. The following is usually included in the regular service or tuning of your air conditioner. And you can also ask the professionals if they included all of the mentioned services. You can also consult them if your air conditioner needs any other service:
- They will perform a thorough cleaning of the evaporator and the condenser coils. This will provide your air conditioner with more protection from the wear and tear making your AC last longer. Air conditioners that have their coils cleaned regularly will also be more energy efficient and reduce your bills drastically.
- They will also ensure that the condensate drain systems and the drain pains are clean and not clogged. This prevents water dripping and the flooding of the condensate system.
- They also check the blower wheels, the blower motor and the blower blades ensuring that they are working fine and are not damaged.
- Technicians also check if the wiring and the electrical components are secure and are up to the safety standards.
- During the service the technical team also evaluates the level of the coolant or the refrigerant. This helps the air conditioners perform with maximum potential.
- The technician also lubricates the moving parts of the air conditioner reducing the friction, and thus improving the life of the AC and also reduces the energy inefficiency.
- The thermostat is calibrated and other settings are also checked to make ensure the best possible functioning of your air conditioner.
- The technician also makes sure that the physical fitting and the ducting is fine, and there are no gaps which can cause energy loss.
What You Have to Ensure When Installing a New Air Conditioner
To ensure that your air conditioning will give you least trouble and perform the best, you have to make sure it is installed properly. The way your air condition is installed also directly affects how the air conditioner will perform. You see if the outer unit of your air conditioner is installed under direct sunlight the air conditioner will be heated and will have to work extra to cool the air for you. This not only affecting the performance of your air conditioner but also the electricity consumption is increased.
Also ensure that nothing is blocking the outlets of your air conditioner as this may also hinder the air conditioners to cool your room effectively. There should be no gaps around the air conditioner unit as this brings in the hot air from outside further straining your AC.
What You Can Do This Summer to Stay Cool
During the peak of the summer it can get very uncomfortable, you can have shades down during the day time to avoid heating of room. You can also make sure that windows and unnecessary doors are closed when AC is running to isolate the room. This allows the air conditioner to cool your room quicker and better. Having an AC that fits your requirement especially in terms of size is crucial. You can consult a good air conditioning service in Azle, TX which may provide you with the best advice on what AC will best suit your requirements. Well you and your family should stay well hydrated during the peak summer days. Fresh juices and cool drinks can also help you stay fresh and cool.
The Final Verdict
Well to sum it all up I would say that our air conditioners become a vital component during the hot summer days. Having the air conditioner work properly and not breakdown should be your priority. Taking consultation from the professional and knowledgeable air conditioner experts at One Hour Heating and Air should be your first step for a hassle free summer.